• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Music Live Music thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Can't say I ever got into Talking Heads that much, but I do recall (I think it was) David Byrne being the original "massive suit" guy.

Yep, that's from this concert/film.. the entire show was really good viewing. They're one of my favourite bands

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Rest in Peace Christine

I had to share this one I came across as well, this is pretty damn good for a cover band, and you know you're doing well when you're sitting at 23 million views for a cover song

She doesn't sound like Christine but she does sound good.. Christine's voice would be hard to emulate because it's quite unique.

And I had to share this as well because I honestly think if you closed your eyes you could might almost think this was Stevie singing... crazy

Last edited:
Trophy Points
Wow.. just.. wow.

I know this isn't live, but this song by Tim Minchin is a beautiful masterpiece.

The lyrics, the tune, it's absolutely amazing.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It's funny how sometimes the best live version you find of a song is in this type of setting.

Absolutely love this beat, has a real feeling of nostalgia about it.. the guitars in sync at the beginning look and sound great.

You just can't beat proper bands!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points

These guys were super talented. It's always cool to see so many musicians working in perfect unison... It would have been just one of those great moments in time being there to experience this one.

Trophy Points
I wonder... would people of today get a better concert experience than in the past.

Like would going to see Korn today, be better than seeing say Black Sabbath in their prime.

I reckon modern day concerts would be a better experience, because the sound quality these days is so much better than analog gear of the past.

I love a good quality live concert set to listen to in the car.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
hmm it's hard to say because when you're drinking everything is amplified lol.. Like I've seen live sets from the 80s that have really good sound engineering.

I would say concerts in the 80s everybody would have been in the moment rather than everybody watching it through their mobiles.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
AC/DC live @ Donington'92 for a live concert.
For me, this era of music is probably the pinnacle of live performances.
Decent equipment combined with decent performances across most genres.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I've heard this was a live recording but it sounds too perfect...though if anybody was capable it was these guys.. I love the instrumental intro.. it's other worldly

Another favourite