• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Matt Burton joins the Bulldogs.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Pretty sure Kyle copped his injury in the finals.. it's nothing major

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Yeah, apparently he was playing busted for the last 2/3 weeks? Still kicked ass from what I saw.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
There is an article that should appear soon in re to Stephen Crichton and his asking price putting pressure on the Panthers.. I'm really confident we will have Matt Burton for 2021

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
There is an article that should appear soon in re to Stephen Crichton and his asking price putting pressure on the Panthers.. I'm really confident we will have Matt Burton for 2021
Panthers don’t have to do nothing as Burton Is still under contract in 2021.

Baby Blues

Squad Member
Trophy Points
They don't have to, however they might not have a choice if they need to free up $$
Might be easier to pay Crichton more in 2021 to help reduce the impact and asking price of his extension.
With May as a backup half it doesn’t really make sense to carry Burton just in case of it jeopardises extending others.
I’d actually give Burton’s money to Lenui if I was the Panthers

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Might be easier to pay Crichton more in 2021 to help reduce the impact and asking price of his extension.
With May as a backup half it doesn’t really make sense to carry Burton just in case of it jeopardises extending others.
I’d actually give Burton’s money to Lenui if I was the Panthers

I can understand Penrith wanting more than one back up half given that Nathan and Jarome will both be in Blues camp next year but I reckon Stephen Crichton has got some hide asking for such a large amount and putting his club in a shitty position

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Funny how Penriff are, rightly, struggling to retain their players after making the GF while Roosters win back to back, lose one winger (Blake Ferguson) and replace him with Brett Morris, Josh Morris and Ryan Hall.

Oh, but silly me. The Morris brothers are playing for $2.50 and a can of Coke a year.....

Trophy Points
The ultimate kick in the nuts for the Dogs would be them splashing Burton all over their social media and training pics.

Or even worse (god forbid) a late season major injury to Burton completely screwing us for 2022.

Baby Blues

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I can understand Penrith wanting more than one back up half given that Nathan and Jarome will both be in Blues camp next year but I reckon Stephen Crichton has got some hide asking for such a large amount and putting his club in a shitty position
I doubt Luai is in NSW Camp next year. Remember this year was an extended squad due to the Covid bubble.
I disagree on Crichton as well. You’re only worth what somebody is willing to pay and if you don’t ask for it you don’t get it.
Unlike Latrell I don’t think he has actually burned his bridges at his current club so this might not be settled for a while

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I doubt Luai is in NSW Camp next year. Remember this year was an extended squad due to the Covid bubble.
I disagree on Crichton as well. You’re only worth what somebody is willing to pay and if you don’t ask for it you don’t get it.
Unlike Latrell I don’t think he has actually burned his bridges at his current club so this might not be settled for a while

Luai was just as influential on that Penrith team at the back end of the season and actually set up almost every one of Stephen Crichton's tries, fair chance he will be there given Walker is unlikely to return and Keary would be a 50/50 with the current selectors

That's the thing.. Is he really worth that right now? as I've said in previous posts, for that money you want a guy who can do it both in attack and D.. Penrith might pay him the money based on the fear of losing him, but in turn might have to shed players, subsequently impacting a window season

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Funny how Penriff are, rightly, struggling to retain their players after making the GF while Roosters win back to back, lose one winger (Blake Ferguson) and replace him with Brett Morris, Josh Morris and Ryan Hall.

Oh, but silly me. The Morris brothers are playing for $2.50 and a can of Coke a year.....
you forget they both get second hand mickey mouse watches for being old timers

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
Cleary is a dumb cunt I can’t stand the flop. I was so happy that they lost the grand final.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Cleary is a dumb cunt I can’t stand the flop. I was so happy that they lost the grand final.

I think you and I were the only ones going for Melbourne haha.

A huge part of me wanting Covidtoria to win was because I can't stand Ivan.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think you and I were the only ones going for Melbourne haha.

A huge part of me wanting Covidtoria to win was because I can't stand Ivan.

he just proved why he'll never win a premiership by what he did with Naden... Yeah sure there may have been some off field shenanigans but the guy was a beast for most of the season and May ain't exactly a Morris in defence

Trophy Points
Ol Moonface Cleary is just salty because he's not only losing some decent upcoming players, but lost the brains trust behind his teams success in 2020.

Probably shitting himself that he's going to be found out as average in 2021.