• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

MS-DOS Games in 1992

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Gee's... so many games on that list I haven't heard of. I heard about 3-4 of them only.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Gee's... so many games on that list I haven't heard of. I heard about 3-4 of them only.

yeah same mate, I was only about 7 when most of them came out.. did have a copy of Wolfenstein 3d, but who didn't

Wahesh

Trophy Points
yeah same mate, I was only about 7 when most of them came out.. did have a copy of Wolfenstein 3d, but who didn't
Believe it or not, I didn't actually have Wolfenstein 3d, but with the chump change I had I did manage to get a copy of Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold - which was a ripoff of it.

I also never played the classic 2d version of Duke Nukem lol.

1614744346039.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Believe it or not, I didn't actually have Wolfenstein 3d, but with the chump change I had I did manage to get a copy of Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold - which was a ripoff of it.

I also never played the classic 2d version of Duke Nukem lol.

View attachment 1328

oh true. I don't even know how we got it because nobody in my family would have installed it.. family friend perhaps...

that actually looks really sick haha I was just watching some gameplay vids of it on the tube

Trophy Points
I played so many of those 2 platformers and still love them.

Because we had the Amstrad CPC6128, and then early 5 1/4" computer games (that dad used to copy from friends), we had heaps of those old school games.

To this day nobody has made a decent Boulderdash clone, nor Bubble Bobble clone.

Commander Keen and Duke Nukem originals we played heaps.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I played so many of those 2 platformers and still love them.

Because we had the Amstrad CPC6128, and then early 5 1/4" computer games (that dad used to copy from friends), we had heaps of those old school games.

To this day nobody has made a decent Boulderdash clone, nor Bubble Bobble clone.

Commander Keen and Duke Nukem originals we played heaps.
Commander Keen was an awesome game, I loved playing that.

@spiritofaslan @Howard Moon did you guys ever play or hear about Pickle Wars?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points

CK is an underrated game for mine, feel like it could have been a really good port for like Nintendo or Sega

Nah never heard of Pickle Wars.. looks alright but I think that kinda lag in the gameplay would do my head in after a while

Wahesh

Trophy Points
CK is an underrated game for mine, feel like it could have been a really good port for like Nintendo or Sega

Nah never heard of Pickle Wars.. looks alright but I think that kinda lag in the gameplay would do my head in after a while
Yeah definitely man, it had the graphics capabilities of being either an SNES or Genesis (Mega Drive) game. The colourful graphics and platform gameplay made it very fun to play. Not to mention the pogo stick to make those extra high jumps.

Yeah those captions in between the game of Pickle Wars are annoying but they're only at the beginning to tell you what the objects are for - they disappear almost as quickly as they come. For some reason though that game (the graphics and colour overlay) reminded my of the Milo game "The Fuel Run" from... I think 1998? Or thereabouts.

1615164422709.png

1615164407718.png

Trophy Points

Yeah I had Pickle Wars, but didn't play it much.

Commander Keen was back in the days of good wholesome family games everyone could enjoy.

Just like the Kings Quest adventure games.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Yeah I had Pickle Wars, but didn't play it much.

Commander Keen was back in the days of good wholesome family games everyone could enjoy.

Just like the Kings Quest adventure games.
Man I really got into Pickle Wars - so much so that I actually rang The Games Wizards (remember them, lol), and asked if they had a copy of it (I only had the demo). They had no idea what I was talking about lol.

Do you remember the Commander Keen Easter Egg appearing in Doom II?

1615242095445.png

Last edited:

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Man I really got into Pickle Wars - so much so that I actually rang The Games Wizards (remember them, lol), and asked if they had a copy of it (I only had the demo). They had no idea what I was talking about lol.

Do you remember the Commander Keen Easter Egg appearing in Doom II?

View attachment 1343

Yeah definitely man, it had the graphics capabilities of being either an SNES or Genesis (Mega Drive) game. The colourful graphics and platform gameplay made it very fun to play. Not to mention the pogo stick to make those extra high jumps.

Yeah those captions in between the game of Pickle Wars are annoying but they're only at the beginning to tell you what the objects are for - they disappear almost as quickly as they come. For some reason though that game (the graphics and colour overlay) reminded my of the Milo game "The Fuel Run" from... I think 1998? Or thereabouts.

View attachment 1337

View attachment 1336

I was thinking more about how the background seems to load slow like the frame rates are messed up or something I dunno.. guess I'd have to play it to know

haha what the heck, never knew Milo had a game released for them

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I was thinking more about how the background seems to load slow like the frame rates are messed up or something I dunno.. guess I'd have to play it to know

haha what the heck, never knew Milo had a game released for them
It was one of those bonus things that you would do back in the day. "Buy 5 packs of specially marked Milo and send the tokens in to receive a video game" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: They were trying to compete with cereal boxes I say.

https://playclassic.games/games/platform-dos-games-online/play-milo-the-fuel-run-online/

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I used to love playing Mario Kart 64 on emu. Man I really loved the desert stage where you had to jump the train tracks before the train came by. If you were lucky enough to pick up a star power up on the first lap before reaching the tracks, it was almost guaranteed a win.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I used to love playing Mario Kart 64 on emu. Man I really loved the desert stage where you had to jump the train tracks before the train came by. If you were lucky enough to pick up a star power up on the first lap before reaching the tracks, it was almost guaranteed a win.

yeah dude especially if you get through with a star and other players get stuck at the crossing.. or get one right at the end of the race as nobody can touch you on the last long stretch..

Not many multiplayer games come close to MK64