• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

MS-DOS Games in 1992

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
yeah dude especially if you get through with a star and other players get stuck at the crossing.. or get one right at the end of the race as nobody can touch you on the last long stretch..

Not many multiplayer games come close to MK64
That's true mate. One thing I remember about the beach stage before it is there's a little shortcut you after those 3 ramps. Save a turbo boost for the 3rd ramp and if you go straight enough you can reach it and come out the other side well ahead of the others.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That's true mate. One thing I remember about the beach stage before it is there's a little shortcut you after those 3 ramps. Save a turbo boost for the 3rd ramp and if you go straight enough you can reach it and come out the other side well ahead of the others.

yeah you don't even need the boost most of the time either.. there is a tonne of broken game shortcuts as well

Some of these stages have been updated with even faster skips since

Trophy Points
Man I really got into Pickle Wars - so much so that I actually rang The Games Wizards (remember them, lol), and asked if they had a copy of it (I only had the demo). They had no idea what I was talking about lol.

Do you remember the Commander Keen Easter Egg appearing in Doom II?

View attachment 1343
Ahh yeah..

Games Men, Games Wizard, and the local Computer Shop.... gone in the days of yesteryear.

HAHAHA yeah I remember that easter egg.

Back then game controls were so much better/easier. arrow keys, space to jump, control to fire. Easy as. Nowadays there are 30 odd controls and its confusing as hell to game.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Ahh yeah..

Games Men, Games Wizard, and the local Computer Shop.... gone in the days of yesteryear.

HAHAHA yeah I remember that easter egg.

Back then game controls were so much better/easier. arrow keys, space to jump, control to fire. Easy as. Nowadays there are 30 odd controls and its confusing as hell to game.
That's true. Now it's all the WSDA keys for a lot of games with the mouse used as the firing key. If you want to know what's really confusing (for me at least) was playing Splinter Cell Conviction... then the very next game in the franchise, Splinter Cell Blacklist. They go from using "E" and "Q" keys for mark and execute to "Alt" and "Control" - as well as a few other things. Was very confusing lol.