• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Game NRL 2021 Final Series

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Finals week 1 schedule​

Friday, September 10​

Qualifying final: Melbourne v Manly, 7.50pm at Sunshine Coast Stadium

Saturday, September 11​

Elimination final: Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast, 5.40pm at Queensland Country Bank Stadium
Qualifying final: Penrith v South Sydney, 7.50pm at Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Sunday, September 12​

Elimination final: Parramatta v Newcastle, 4.05pm at Browne Park, Rockhampton

1630889078976.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Haha.. it's only the media that believe in "the battle of the west".. the real rivalry is Dogs Parra, always has been

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
i was spot on all of a sudden pendulum is swinging to souths penalties and 6 more again and again Bennets had a ref whinge at half time you can bet

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Nicely done mate

Ok that was a bit deceptive I admit, it was a 3 way bet, meant to be 4.. my brother put in double and asked his mate to throw in but his mate didn't trust the bet lol but I think my brother is gonna give him some of his win

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Geez Penrith were impressive in defence but you could see the fatigue of a hard fought finals series was catching up to them. In that final 10 they were dropping off tackles.. Edwards was definitely struggling all game..

Nathan's kicking was insane.. absolutely bombed them to death, every kick landing in the perfect spot either for defenders to put Souths back in the in goal, or in their 20.. I do have to give credit (as much as I hate to) to Souths for even being within range at the end, Panthers were ragdolling them all game

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Geez Penrith were impressive in defence but you could see the fatigue of a hard fought finals series was catching up to them. In that final 10 they were dropping off tackles.. Edwards was definitely struggling all game..

Nathan's kicking was insane.. absolutely bombed them to death, every kick landing in the perfect spot either for defenders to put Souths back in the in goal, or in their 20.. I do have to give credit (as much as I hate to) to Souths for even being within range at the end, Panthers were ragdolling them all game
in the last ten minutes in attack Penrith played like the dogs did all year dummy half to a player and tackled one after another so they go trapped a number of times in their own half enabling Souths to cover more territory on the return kick which resulted in a late try to Souths . If they had kicked that last goal there would have been extra time or an attempt at field goal but its history now they survived penrith did well in defence but their attack was stilted .

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
in the last ten minutes in attack Penrith played like the dogs did all year dummy half to a player and tackled one after another so they go trapped a number of times in their own half enabling Souths to cover more territory on the return kick which resulted in a late try to Souths . If they had kicked that last goal there would have been extra time or an attempt at field goal but its history now they survived penrith did well in defence but their attack was stilted .

Yeah I think Penrith had the mindset to just keep Souths in their end and strangle them to death.. they didn't force their hand which paid off but geez they could have regretted that if it went to extra time because they looked out on their feet

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
On another note, Dogs really do need to change their victory song now, because it's a bit awkward singing the premiers' song two times a year

Trophy Points
I don't think Souths were onside once in the second half. Got the run of set restarts and penalties and still couldn't capitalise on it.

Just goes to show the old adage is correct: Defence Wins Premierships.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I don't think Souths were onside once in the second half. Got the run of set restarts and penalties and still couldn't capitalise on it.

Just goes to show the old adage is correct: Defence Wins Premierships.

Both sides definitely pushed it, and tbh I give Sutton credit for letting them sort themselves out.. it could have been a whistle-athon.

People will whinge about Penrith's tactics in the ruck, but you can't win a premiership if you don't test the waters.. particularly when you verse a team like the Storm, who get away with murder.