• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Pay under pressure, Dogs NRL meeting looms

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
lol I might ask to be put out on the wing at 70 years never see any ball to do anything so it wont matter f I cant run anymore. I hear the boys are being trained by Pay to practice with a pretend ball so they get used of not handling a real one on game days
It wouldn’t surprise me :)

Is it safe yet

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Safe...any news on the player/manager issue over in TK atm saying 2 won't deal with us?
Elliots manager told the club he won’t stay if Pay is still coach...now the kicker with that is that they have the same manager lmao..Club will not pay overs to keep him so I’m guessing he will leave.
Holland received offer from club but said no and is looking elsewhere,has had firm offer from England and EOI from another Nrl club

Trophy Points
Elliots manager told the club he won’t stay if Pay is still coach...now the kicker with that is that they have the same manager lmao..Club will not pay overs to keep him so I’m guessing he will leave.
Holland received offer from club but said no and is looking elsewhere,has had firm offer from England and EOI from another Nrl club
Eugh..... I see this as potentially a developing problem, and more concerning, a problem in keeping some of our up and comers (who haven't had a chance to play much this season).

Ugly situation there, that said Elliott is one of our best so far this season, and he's showing that with the right coach and staff around him, could become a very capable player.

Nutboy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Eugh..... I see this as potentially a developing problem, and more concerning, a problem in keeping some of our up and comers (who haven't had a chance to play much this season).

Ugly situation there, that said Elliott is one of our best so far this season, and he's showing that with the right coach and staff around him, could become a very capable player.
We can't retain Elliott, we've already stupidly locked ourselves into Jackson longterm on a rumoured 700k per season and we simply can't persist with him on the edge. Jackson to lock and we need to recruit a genuine strike edge backrower.

Club should've held back on Jackson's extension and/or potentially let him go, could've re-signed Elliott on a couple 100k less and had a better player that was entering his prime and extra cash to spend. Instead we have a busted Jackson on big coin and will likely lose out best forward this season.

Just Bulldog things..

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
3 weeks 5 days now...I'm counting down lol
and if they don't make a decision in that period Sirius you can bet the board will say they was misquoted and meant plural months not a month don't hold your breath I'm not

Trophy Points
Press Conference: https://www.foxsports.com.au/42b6f64b-2e4f-4854-b525-5d3259e4c06e

Blames the players, makes excuses for the cap, infers we need to get into the market whilst failing ot realise the problem is himself.

RE THOMPSON:
"We spoke about it and said we’ll see how we are," Pay said. "He hasn’t run for quite a while so if he is ready he is ready, if not we will give him another week. He will have a week at training, he hasn’t run for two weeks because he has been stuck in a hotel room so we assess him this week and see how he is.”

RE TONIGHTS GAME:
Pay said simple errors and a poor kicking game contributed to the loss but it is widely acknowledged Canterbury’s roster has been hamstrung by salary cap restrictions for several years.

"We have always said that we want to put two or three quality players around our young guys and that is how we are going to improve. We have got Luke Thompson turning up here this week. He is a quality player, he is an international, he has won premiership in the Super League, he is a fit guy, he has got plenty of leg speed so we are very hopeful. At the end of the day there is light at the end of the tunnel, we need to get into the market and we need to buy three or four quality players and build on what we are doing. Hopefully that will make a difference to our team and we need to keep bringing these young blokes along."

"You have just got to make sure you turn up each and every week," he said. "We spoke about it down there a little while ago about how it’s hard work and we’ve got to stay in the grind. We get a decent 20 minutes out of them and then they go away from what they are doing. It’s tough."

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
Press Conference: https://www.foxsports.com.au/42b6f64b-2e4f-4854-b525-5d3259e4c06e

Blames the players, makes excuses for the cap, infers we need to get into the market whilst failing ot realise the problem is himself.

RE THOMPSON:
"We spoke about it and said we’ll see how we are," Pay said. "He hasn’t run for quite a while so if he is ready he is ready, if not we will give him another week. He will have a week at training, he hasn’t run for two weeks because he has been stuck in a hotel room so we assess him this week and see how he is.”

RE TONIGHTS GAME:
Pay said simple errors and a poor kicking game contributed to the loss but it is widely acknowledged Canterbury’s roster has been hamstrung by salary cap restrictions for several years.

"We have always said that we want to put two or three quality players around our young guys and that is how we are going to improve. We have got Luke Thompson turning up here this week. He is a quality player, he is an international, he has won premiership in the Super League, he is a fit guy, he has got plenty of leg speed so we are very hopeful. At the end of the day there is light at the end of the tunnel, we need to get into the market and we need to buy three or four quality players and build on what we are doing. Hopefully that will make a difference to our team and we need to keep bringing these young blokes along."

"You have just got to make sure you turn up each and every week," he said. "We spoke about it down there a little while ago about how it’s hard work and we’ve got to stay in the grind. We get a decent 20 minutes out of them and then they go away from what they are doing. It’s tough."
Pay has no idea full stop.
We need some creativity and second phase play .
We have no offloads no players backing up , no players willing to go that extra mile for his team mate, no vision no inside ball to a runner in the middle, coach is pure shit.