• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team and Game Discussion Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Round 2 Team News: Pangai Junior returns for Broncos clash​

Author bulldogs.com.au - Tue 15 Mar 2022, 03:59 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have made several changes to the side that beat the Cowboys in Round One, for this Sunday's match against the Broncos at Accor Stadium (6:15PM AEDT).

After a hard fought 6-4 victory in Townsville, which was capped off with Jayden Okunbor's 50th try in all grades for the Bulldogs, the return of Tevita Pangai Junior is one of three changes:
  • Pangai Junior will return in the second row, with Corey Waddell dropping back to the bench
  • Luke Thompson will move into the starting prop position, with Ava Seumanufagai coming off the bench
  • Chris Patolo will drop out of the starting seventeen

1647322455416.png

No.PlayerSponsor
1Matt DuftyAIWC
2Jayden OkunborTender Loving Care Disability Services
3Braidon BurnsTLH Recruitment
4Brent NadenHy-Tec
5 Josh Addo-CarrMMX Projects
6Matt BurtonIntello IT
7Jake AverilloJay Productions & Events
8 Luke ThompsonPenny’s Pork Crackling
9 Jeremy Marshall-KingDaily Press
10Paul VaughanCincotta Chemist
11Jack HetheringtonKhalil Lawyers
12Tevita Pangai JuniorAccolade Wines
13Josh Jackson (C)Armour Cleaning
Interchange Recovery Partners
14Bailey Biondi-OdoDental on Evaline
15Corey WaddellPuppi Lovers
16Max KingMcDoanlds Punchbowl & Lakemba
17Ava SeumanufagaiGuardian Venue Management
Reserves Recovery Partners
19Chris Patolo
20Brandon Wakeham
21Joe Stimson
22Kyle Flanagan
23Reece Hoffman
24Joshua Cook
25Aaron Schoupp

Trophy Points
As expected really, though not sold on Waddell and would prefer Topine or Patolo in there.

Was lucky to have Schoupp on the bench last week else we'd have been in a spot of bother.

NSW Cup sides yet to be announced.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
One thing the team must not do is let Haas and Carrigan get a roll on like they did against Souths. They need to put numbers in on Haas every time he touches the ball.

Trophy Points
Their backline is:
1. Tesi Niu
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Selwyn Cobbo

Decent showdown in the backline, though hopefully its Oates against Okunbor as Cobbo is deadly in the air.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Still not the side I feel is our strongest option.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
JMK needs to work on the weight of his kicks but also needs to probe more.. take little darts to disrupt the opposition defensive line.. giving BBO more minutes might be good.

I didn't mind Waddell's effort in D on the weekend but needs to work on his discipline.

Ava unlucky!

Trophy Points
JMK needs to work on the weight of his kicks but also needs to probe more.. take little darts to disrupt the opposition defensive line.. giving BBO more minutes might be good.

I didn't mind Waddell's effort in D on the weekend but needs to work on his discipline.

Ava unlucky!
JMK needs to mix it up a bit more, and tell the forwards to piss off out of the way. Needs to get the ball in hands of halves.

Kicking is fine and he should be working more on that, as it gives him another element of unpredictability.

A player should always wanting to be keeping opposition in two minds. They are the most dangerous players for defence to deal with.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
JMK needs to mix it up a bit more, and tell the forwards to piss off out of the way. Needs to get the ball in hands of halves.

Kicking is fine and he should be working more on that, as it gives him another element of unpredictability.

A player should always wanting to be keeping opposition in two minds. They are the most dangerous players for defence to deal with.

Yeah definitely. He's predictable I mean every time Harry Grant touched the ball last night he had the opposition on the back foot/ second guessing but Jeremy plays a bit too conservatively.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
okunbor should never play first grade again out of position for Broncos try then get pushed into touch when he should have just gone down . Useless overpaid back who still hangs out in centres and is always out of position get rid of him!!
10 star performance from Burton with Duffy having a dig. 4 all half time

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
okunbors defence puts broncos in front again get rid of the wasted space!!! now get lost ty Okunbor

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Averillo Is a weak link.. Flanno has to get a shot behind this pack, or BBO

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Geez they were allowed to lay all over our players though the ref was very lenient while we were getting penalised every time

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Thompson useless Okunbor double useless dogs best players Waddell ( i know) Jackson gets in the way of the attack useless and Burton A1 too but shame the players that came to the club are not going to get any joy with this type of coaching, Averillo still suspect in halves i might add

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Averillo Is a weak link.. Flanno has to get a shot behind this pack, or BBO
I have said it time and time again we havent got one decent half . JMK had proly one of his best games but i would be tempted to put biondi in half back Flanno is too slow