• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team and Game Discussion Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Round 2 Team News: Pangai Junior returns for Broncos clash​

Author bulldogs.com.au - Tue 15 Mar 2022, 03:59 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have made several changes to the side that beat the Cowboys in Round One, for this Sunday's match against the Broncos at Accor Stadium (6:15PM AEDT).

After a hard fought 6-4 victory in Townsville, which was capped off with Jayden Okunbor's 50th try in all grades for the Bulldogs, the return of Tevita Pangai Junior is one of three changes:
  • Pangai Junior will return in the second row, with Corey Waddell dropping back to the bench
  • Luke Thompson will move into the starting prop position, with Ava Seumanufagai coming off the bench
  • Chris Patolo will drop out of the starting seventeen

1647322455416.png

No.PlayerSponsor
1Matt DuftyAIWC
2Jayden OkunborTender Loving Care Disability Services
3Braidon BurnsTLH Recruitment
4Brent NadenHy-Tec
5 Josh Addo-CarrMMX Projects
6Matt BurtonIntello IT
7Jake AverilloJay Productions & Events
8 Luke ThompsonPenny’s Pork Crackling
9 Jeremy Marshall-KingDaily Press
10Paul VaughanCincotta Chemist
11Jack HetheringtonKhalil Lawyers
12Tevita Pangai JuniorAccolade Wines
13Josh Jackson (C)Armour Cleaning
Interchange Recovery Partners
14Bailey Biondi-OdoDental on Evaline
15Corey WaddellPuppi Lovers
16Max KingMcDoanlds Punchbowl & Lakemba
17Ava SeumanufagaiGuardian Venue Management
Reserves Recovery Partners
19Chris Patolo
20Brandon Wakeham
21Joe Stimson
22Kyle Flanagan
23Reece Hoffman
24Joshua Cook
25Aaron Schoupp

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
wtach okunbor even when he makes a tackle its always as last man to tackle just laying his hand on other player and far far far too slow in attack

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah BBO would be nice along side Burton.. Cook JMK hooker combo. Switch Burnes and Naden because Naden has a nice left to right offload but isn't offloading on the left

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Thompson useless Okunbor double useless dogs best players Waddell ( i know) Jackson gets in the way of the attack useless and Burton A1 too but shame the players that came to the club are not going to get any joy with this type of coaching, Averillo still suspect in halves i might add
Waddell had his best game in years tonight.. he was a machine on both sides of the ball. We really could do with RFM too

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah BBO would be nice along side Burton.. Cook JMK hooker combo. Switch Burnes and Naden because Naden has a nice left to right offload but isn't offloading on the left
you watch barrett in the after game news conf he will say well we played well but i know what they did wrong he said that after every game last season. If he know what is wrong why cant he fix it . I can tell you why because he just has no clue!

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
i agree Waddell standing wide was busting the line and making ground. Jackson slows the play down in attack by getting far too involved at the wrong times

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
you watch barrett in the after game news conf he will say well we played well but i know what they did wrong he said that after every game last season. If he know what is wrong why cant he fix it . I can tell you why because he just has no clue!

I think we attacked well tonight to be fair Broncos were amazing in D and what let us down is just new combos not quite clicking yet.. BBO looks more clued on than Averillo. Honestly the right line up with a few games together will trouble many teams..

All their tries were on Okunbor.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
What annoys me is when Okunbor makes an error or misses a tackle he either stands and watches, or jogs back, meanwhile guys like Jack Hetherington are chasing from the middle all the way to the death

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
If we had more options, could you see Dufty in the halves JAC fullback?

Naden put his winger in for so many tries at Penrith while playing on the right side.. Burnes would be about the same on the right or the left side

Last edited:
Trophy Points
Really encouraging signs despite the loss, but I'm annoyed that the strip wasn't called as held on Burns. What's a guy have to do to be classed as held?

Burton was brilliant tonight, and is only going to get better and more dangerous. His handling is ridiculous, and his ability to cut back inside defence is going to cause so many headaches.

JMK, Dufty and Burns really starting to find their feet as well. King is slowly becomming our new Tolman (just with an offload as well).

I can cop the loss though given the effort was there.

JAC needs to see more ball, which relies on Avo and Naden getting the ball to him more.

Jackson either needs to move back into the second row, or not play at all. He's getting in the way at lock and lacks the pace and ball playing ability we require from a lock.

TPJ was okay for his first hitout I thought.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Burton is super solid in defence too and covers well. Once the back line is sorted it will produce many more tries. Hopefully Avo can improve but I can see BBO or Kyle taking the spot.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Averillo is a centre, grew up playing as a centre and should remain a centre.
Wakeham's confidence, along with Flanno's, must be shot with our genius coach giving a centre the nod over both of them.

I'm wondering if Okunbor is afraid of injury again.
If yes, someone needs to help him HTFU quicksmart, alas he's punted to reggies.

If logical footy decisions are made, it's almost like the teams problems solve themselevs!
Either that, or hire Nathan Brown with a slap happy mandate as assistant coach!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
the media try to portray Trent a certain way but he carries himself alright.. you have to mention things like the Burnes obstruction for future notice

Trophy Points
the media try to portray Trent a certain way but he carries himself alright.. you have to mention things like the Burnes obstruction for future notice
I like the way he stands up for the players and just calls it as he sees it.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I like the way he stands up for the players and just calls it as he sees it.

Yeah. At the end of the day they complain about things that might go in their favour next time. Ivan Clearly is good at it and before he got his premiership he used to cop shit for it too.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Well team to meet Sea Eagles has been named and more of exactly the same no changes. Seriously i would have dropped dropkunbor and given another winger a chance the sea eagles will play that side and cut okunbor to shreds

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Every team has a downer but when they do they meet the dogs the next week and actually come out and win. just keep thinking of that disgrace last year dogs when we were thrashed by sea eagles and never scored . Try and keep focussed and reverse that decision

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I don't mind him getting another chance if they have told him he's got to give 100% off the ball otherwise be replaced. He's on the books so might as well see if he truly wants it or not.