• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Round 3 - Dogs vs Sea Eagles - Team and Game Discussion Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
They just kill themselves with bad penalties at the wrong time.. when they're coming out of trouble, at the ends of sets etc.. the attacking structures are weird, the spine players are so far back from the play..

Naden needs to shift to the right real soon because he's average on the left and that limits JAC.

Forwards were great and defence again solid.

Trophy Points
Didn't watch the game, but based on highlights, looked like a wet track and quite a boring game.

I'm guessing we lost Wakeham and Hetherington looking at the game / player stats?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Didn't watch the game, but based on highlights, looked like a wet track and quite a boring game.

I'm guessing we lost Wakeham and Hetherington looking at the game / player stats?

Wakeham just before the second half for about 15, Hetherington went off midway through the first half and did not return. It was very similar to last week from our boys.

To be fair equal amount of tries with a team that normally lap us is not bad but the concern is that the attack is just a bit scattered.. Naden has to move to the right side pronto.

Trophy Points
Wakeham just before the second half for about 15, Hetherington went off midway through the first half and did not return. It was very similar to last week from our boys.

To be fair equal amount of tries with a team that normally lap us is not bad but the concern is that the attack is just a bit scattered.. Naden has to move to the right side pronto.
Hmm bugger so only 2 left on the bench at end of the game. Losing a playmaker and a second rower would put us at a disadvantage, that said only goalkicking was the difference!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Hmm bugger so only 2 left on the bench at end of the game. Losing a playmaker and a second rower would put us at a disadvantage, that said only goalkicking was the difference!

I should add that they defended for the bulk of the second half, including multiple repeat sets on our line.. few good try savers including TPJ holding up a strong run by Tom. These boys are so much fitter and more resilient than last season so that's a credit to the coaching staff. Jake Turbo even mentioned that in his post match interview.

I don't see much difference between Flanno and Brandon so I won't be surprised if Trent brings Kyle back for his goal kicking as Burton is struggling. Somebody also mentioned that it would be good to use another goal kicker so that Matt is not expected to do everything.

Trophy Points
In total (missed/converted) Burton has only kick 15 goals in the NRL, Flanno meanwhile has 164. Flanno has a higher percentage too. 77.44%.

I'd love nothing more than to see Kyle succeed and fire. Maybe its time we just tried him and gave him a chance.

If it backfires - we lose. If not we win. There's no downside given we aer already losing and changing halves.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
In total (missed/converted) Burton has only kick 15 goals in the NRL, Flanno meanwhile has 164. Flanno has a higher percentage too. 77.44%.

I'd love nothing more than to see Kyle succeed and fire. Maybe its time we just tried him and gave him a chance.

If it backfires - we lose. If not we win. There's no downside given we aer already losing and changing halves.

Kyle kicked 4 from 4 tonight. I'm not sure why so many Dogs fans are against him I mean yeah he wasn't great last year, but who was? Out of all our halves options he has had had the most good games all be it at other clubs but deserves a crack behind a better pack. I think Kyle will also take more control than our other halves have.

Trophy Points
Max King injured and unlikely to play this week. Copped a knock early in the Sea Eagles game and reaggrevated an injury he took into the game.

Bugger.

Topine and Stimson I guess are coming in :|

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Max King injured and unlikely to play this week. Copped a knock early in the Sea Eagles game and reaggrevated an injury he took into the game.

Bugger.

Topine and Stimson I guess are coming in :|

Max has been great for us but it'll be interesting to see how Stimson goes if he does get picked. He looked under done last year.

Trophy Points
Thats some crazy defence stats (second best in comp) and Cowboys is even better.

If we can perfect our attack, we will be very dangerous.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Thats some crazy defence stats (second best in comp) and Cowboys is even better.

If we can perfect our attack, we will be very dangerous.
Exactly, if we can balance our A with our D, we should all be very happy supporters.