• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Game Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Discussion and Team Lists

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Time/Date: SUN 9TH MAY @ 4:05PM
Broadcast: NINE/FOX/KAYO
Venue: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have made one positional change for their match-up with the St George Illawarra Dragons at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium this Sunday (4:00PM AEST).

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has been named at fullback, with Nick Meaney named to play his 50th NRL game on the wing.

Dylan Napa has recovered from a knock to the shoulder and will start in the front row, while Lachlan Lewis will come on to the extended bench after an excellent display in Mounties' 34-26 victory over Parramatta last Sunday.

No.PlayerSponsor
1Dallin Watene-ZelezniakHy-Tec
2Nick CotricGuardian Venue Management
3Will HopoateCincotta Chemist Campsie
4Corey AllanAustralasian Industrial Wrappings & Coatings
5Nick MeaneySouthern Cross Charcoal
6Jake AverilloPenny's Crispy Pork Crackling
7Kyle FlanaganSydney Freezers
8Dylan NapaIntello IT
9Sione KatoaJay Productions & Events
10Luke ThompsonMMX Projects
11Adam ElliottTLH Recruitment
12Chris SmithDental on Evaline
13Corey WaddellDaily Press
InterchangeRecovery Partners
14Brad DeitzKhalil Family Lawyers
15Renouf AtoniUrbanista Café & Convenience
16Ava SeumanfagaiYour Property People
17Matt DooreyMcDonalds Punchbowl/Lakemba
Reserves
19Lachlan Lewis
20Joe Stimson
21Tui Katoa
23Ofahiki Ogden

Dragons Team:
1. Matt Dufty
2. Cody Ramsey
3. Jack Bird
4. Tyrell Fuimaono
5. Max Feagai
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt (c)
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Josh Kerr
12. Tariq Sims
13. Josh McGuire

Interchange:
14. Poasa Faamausili
15. Billy Burns
16. Daniel Alvaro
17. Kaide Ellis

18. Jackson Ford
19. Junior Amone
20. Mat Feagai
21. Adam Clune

Trophy Points
We won against them last year, before that we haven't beaten Dragons since 2018.

One of our real bogie sides, and whilst we have a chance to win this, looking at that Dragons lineup, I don't hold out much hope at all.

Tariq Simms and Ben Hunt always seem to pull out performances against us.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Every team saves its best against us we are such easy beats . I would have dropped our half back and replaced him with Lachlan Lewis and put Brad Deitz straight in as number nine. All Barrett has done is a minor reshuffle in the same team that gets flogged week after week

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Tui Katoa, Sione Katoa, Dylan Napa and Will Hopoate to start with shouldn't be anywhere near the team.
Those that showed glimpses of their ability should be traded asap.
Get rid of our seniors for aspiring juniors, like big forwards, prospective hookers and a fullback or two.

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
Is baz ever going to change?
Flanagan should be dropped
Waddle should be dropped
Allan should be dropped

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
I honestly suspect Flanno just needs time and decent ball service to find what we're hoping for within him.
A decent forward pack would help too.
Still not sure why we went with him when we've Wakeham, Arvellio and BBO to work with(probably a few other junior halves I've forgotten that have potential).

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
Flanagan hasn’t shown me anything since he started hasn’t improved in anything.
I hope he does become good but I don’t see it happening.
Avo has proven his more of a halve than Flanagan.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
and no one don't get too excited about Napa. He played one good game against the sharks the other week probably the best game in 2 years then went downhill again against Parramatta. The old saying "one summer doth not a swallow make" comes to mind . Barrett should google that to get my thoughts.
Google says you say one swallow doesn't make a summer to mean that although something good has happened, the situation may not continue to be good, and you cannot rely on it. So why is he back in the team then? lol

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
and no one don't get too excited about Napa. He played one good game against the sharks the other week probably the best game in 2 years then went downhill again against Parramatta. The old saying "one summer doth not a swallow make" comes to mind . Barrett should google that to get my thoughts.
Google says you say one swallow doesn't make a summer to mean that although something good has happened, the situation may not continue to be good, and you cannot rely on it. So why is he back in the team then? lol
Napa knows his off contract and is still to lazy to put in .
Can’t wait to see him leave.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm looking at Kyle's stats compared to Lachlan's.. Kyle only produced 4 line dropouts last year in 20 games, while Lachy produced 11 in 13 games.. Kyle only had 3 more try assists (11) than Lachlan's 8, and one more try (4) to Lachlan's 3..

5,460 kick meters by Lewis, 5,154 kick meters by Kyle

53 average run meters by Lewis, 34 meters by Kyle

the interesting one is defence.. 275 tackles by Lachlan, 41 missed.. which was a worse average than his efforts in the previous season of 368 made, 41 missed. Kyle made 537 tackles and missed 45.

Obviously these stats don't show just how many times Lachlan screwed up with ball in hand, but man I'm really hoping the arrival of Burton will benefit Kyle's game, which I can only imagine it will.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/kyle-flanagan/

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/lachlan-lewis/

Trophy Points

Round 9 Late Mail​

Dragons:
Mathew Feagai makes NRL debut in place of Cody Ramsey on the wing.
Junior Amone makes NRL debut from the bench.
Tyrell Fuimaono comes in at centre to replace Zac Lomax.
Ramsey, Clune, Faamausili cut.
Jackson Ford is 18th man.

Bulldogs:
Lachlan Lewis and Ofahiki Ogden were added to the bench an hour before kick-off.
Dylan Napa is out, with Ava Seumanufagai starting at prop.
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is back at fullback with Nick Meaney moving to the wing in a straight swap.
Napa, Stimson and Katoa cut.
Matt Doorey reverting to 18th man.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Yeah no idea what he was thinking.
No room to pull it off.