• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

WWE SD/RAW/NXT - House Show Discussion (possible spoilers).

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I just watched night 1 last night. Now I'm not going to review all the matches but just some talking points for me (no spoilers).

• It was great to see a crowd again. Even though it was outdoors and rain tampered it, it was great to see a traditional-looking WrestleMania event. People on screens in the background was getting very old
  • 42 minutes until the first match... WTF? What on Earth was the point of interviewing everyone? That was a waste of time. Most people wanted to get straight into it
  • Bad Bunny... I'll give him credit. He can perform. WOW!
  • Seeing Mandy Rose and Liv Morgan in the ring at the same time fighting each other was excess levels of hotness
  • I love Sasha Banks... but her green and blue hair doesn't suit her, and she had too much makeup on - it doesn't look good. Speaking of hair... Bel Air REALLY needs a haircut. Her hair is almost a long as she is tall. I also don't like the PC involved how they said that it's history in the making by having 2 black women main event WM.

First night - 4/10

Last edited:

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Ok so night 2 was (thankfully) mainly about wrestling.

Non-spoiling review:

• Just when you think Alexa Bliss can't possibly get anymore freaky, she pulls something very freaky out of the box (quite literally)
  • Women's TT match was surprisingly good
  • The Owen and SZ rivally will never end until one of them leaves the organisation - it doesn't matter who wins at what PPV
  • The women's title match was better than the mens, however both matches were pretty good. The men's 1v1 matches in WWE are pretty boring these days, so having 3 plus in the ring is much more appealing. Good to see RR billed from "Adelaide, South Australia" rather than "Adelaide, South Australia, Australia"
  • More Bayley cringe-worthy scenes
Second night - 6/10

Trophy Points
Yeah I haven't watched Fastlane yet.... so far behind and kinda distracted watching other documentaries and stuff at the moment.

WWE has kinda lost their way at the moment and now you know what I mean about how pointless it was due to lack of title changes.

Trophy Points
Still bugger all belt changes going on. I've all but lost interest all the while Lashley and Reigns continue to hold belts. The "Tribal Chief" storyline is just dragging on, and RAW is just basically annoying with The Hurt Business.

I've even forgotten to watch NXT these days as I've moved onto other TV shows instead.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Still bugger all belt changes going on. I've all but lost interest all the while Lashley and Reigns continue to hold belts. The "Tribal Chief" storyline is just dragging on, and RAW is just basically annoying with The Hurt Business.

I've even forgotten to watch NXT these days as I've moved onto other TV shows instead.
I know mate, same here. I might watch the Raw highlights from time to time, but only really watched the PPV's I like (Royal Rumble and MitB) - not really into it much these days. That's what happens when WWE is run by a dictator.

Trophy Points
Instead I've been looking at the wiki pages to see if the belts changed, and if not then not bothering.

Though I did watch Liv Forever (documentary) and started watching the 5 part documentary on The Undertaker last night (just to get it watched).

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Instead I've been looking at the wiki pages to see if the belts changed, and if not then not bothering.

Though I did watch Liv Forever (documentary) and started watching the 5 part documentary on The Undertaker last night (just to get it watched).
Is the UT documentary any good? Where can I see it?

Trophy Points
Uncle Torrance was showing it. But I think it might be on Foxtel these days too as they have a few things like that. Might even be on Youtube now.

Seems really good... very honest and upfront about how broken his body is.

Trophy Points
WTF @Wahesh just found out that more releases have happened/are happening.

Velveteen Dream is now GONE from NXT, and Daniel Bryan has not had his contract renewed.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
WTF @Wahesh just found out that more releases have happened/are happening.

Velveteen Dream is now GONE from NXT, and Daniel Bryan has not had his contract renewed.
Wow.

Well I think Velveteen Dream was on borrowed time after the photo he sent that teenage girl last year.

Daniel Bryan is a bit of a shock. I put this on the same level as when Dean Ambrose left. He'll most likely go to AEW as I heard WWE was trying hard to re-sign him. I wonder how it'll play out.

Trophy Points
VD apparently it was all made up (the person who shared the screenshots deleted their account after he was found innocent, but his reputation was destroyed by them (even if they reinvented him).

Trophy Points
@Wahesh Finished watching Undertaker: The Last Ride.. it's brilliant because it showcases his career really well, showing his ups and downs, and the inner struggle he faced when deciding when enough was enough.

Also explained a lot more about his final fight and why it was so fitting for him (and made me pick up on things I missed in the first watch of it).

Goes to show many of the guys outside their personas.

I actually never realised just how long his career spanned.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
@Wahesh Finished watching Undertaker: The Last Ride.. it's brilliant because it showcases his career really well, showing his ups and downs, and the inner struggle he faced when deciding when enough was enough.

Also explained a lot more about his final fight and why it was so fitting for him (and made me pick up on things I missed in the first watch of it).

Goes to show many of the guys outside their personas.

I actually never realised just how long his career spanned.
I'm tempted to watch it now mate. He was truly one of the most gifted wrestlers of our time, and I hope the induct him into the HOF next year.

Even in his later years he still had a way of getting the crowd on his side. One of a kind.

Trophy Points
@Wahesh More releases and these ones really do have me scratching my head.

Braun Strowman
Aleister Black
Lana
Ruby Riott
Murphy
Santana Garrett

https://www.wwe.com/article/braun-s...na-ruby-riott-murphy-santana-garrett-released

Should have released The Hurt Business and Retribution except Mustafa Ali instead.

So that means the Riott Squad are done for good... and I wonder where that leaves Liv Morgan.

Haven't watched for quite some time as been watching other things.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
@Wahesh More releases and these ones really do have me scratching my head.

Braun Strowman
Aleister Black
Lana
Ruby Riott
Murphy
Santana Garrett

https://www.wwe.com/article/braun-s...na-ruby-riott-murphy-santana-garrett-released

Should have released The Hurt Business and Retribution except Mustafa Ali instead.

So that means the Riott Squad are done for good... and I wonder where that leaves Liv Morgan.

Haven't watched for quite some time as been watching other things.
Wow - that's deep. Apart from Garrett, those others are a bit too much. Lana was even making some ground in the women's tag team division.

I'm guessing that because WWE is losing millions due to covid, they are only keeping wrestlers that they'll need right now and a few reserves to cover injuries and what have you.

I won't be surprised if they start hiring these guys back when they start opening the arenas to fans again. Who knows when that'll be though.

Trophy Points
@Wahesh Get ready to laugh... A LOT.

So after the recent round of releases, WWE have re-employed Samoa Joe to NXT.

But perhaps the funniest is they get rid of Lana and Riott, and replace them with..... PIPER NIVENS (and Eva Marie)!! and they are apparently renaming Piper to "Dew Drop". FKN LOL.

Also, this is now Otis.

1623836034369.png

Still haven't watched any WWE though, but with Hell in a Cell this weekend hopefully belts change hands. Might check out NXT again soon, but I have so much other stuff to watch these days.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
@Wahesh Get ready to laugh... A LOT.

So after the recent round of releases, WWE have re-employed Samoa Joe to NXT.

But perhaps the funniest is they get rid of Lana and Riott, and replace them with..... PIPER NIVENS (and Eva Marie)!! and they are apparently renaming Piper to "Dew Drop". FKN LOL.

Also, this is now Otis.

View attachment 1468

Still haven't watched any WWE though, but with Hell in a Cell this weekend hopefully belts change hands. Might check out NXT again soon, but I have so much other stuff to watch these days.
DEW DROP LOLLLLLLLLLLL.

Honestly Vince has really lost his marbles. FMD that is gold (in a bad way though lol).

I have no idea how Piper Nivens was even employed... she looks like the Scottish version of Nia Jax.

Why re-hire Evan Marie? She did absolutely NOTHING during her original stint in WWE.

As for Otis... I still have a soft spot for him and feel sorry for him after the won MitB last year. I'd like him to be involved in it again this year and win it!

Trophy Points
I have no idea how Piper Nivens was even employed... she looks like the Scottish version of Nia Jax.
Difference is Nia Jax is big boned, and (whilst I'm not fat shaming) Piper Nivens is just morbidly obese, and honestly not a good role model for kids.

As for Otis... I still have a soft spot for him and feel sorry for him after the won MitB last year. I'd like him to be involved in it again this year and win it!
He deserves a good run at things.

Hell in a Cell I believe is coming up any day now, so if belts don't change I'll probably give WWE a miss. Haven't watched in months as 2 hrs of SD/NXT, I can watch like 2-3 episodes of something else or a movie instead.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Difference is Nia Jax is big boned, and (whilst I'm not fat shaming) Piper Nivens is just morbidly obese, and honestly not a good role model for kids.

He deserves a good run at things.

Hell in a Cell I believe is coming up any day now, so if belts don't change I'll probably give WWE a miss. Haven't watched in months as 2 hrs of SD/NXT, I can watch like 2-3 episodes of something else or a movie instead.
Yeah it's starting to become very stale mate.

Get this... Rey Mysterio vs Roman Reigns for the Universal title at HiaC... that's where we are at right.

Trophy Points
Yeah it's starting to become very stale mate.

Get this... Rey Mysterio vs Roman Reigns for the Universal title at HiaC... that's where we are at right.

With Bobby Lashley and Roman Reigns holding title belts, RAW and Smackdown have become unbearable to watch.