• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

WWE SD/RAW/NXT - House Show Discussion (possible spoilers).

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Old mate sent me a message yesterday saying that the RR was one of the best in recent years. I probably won't see it until this weekend though, so need to wait to make up my own mind on that.
I'm so flipping annoyed as news spoiled the bloody mens winner for me.

I'll still watch it, but at the moment EP 56 is the week before Royal Rumble (and EP 57 the aftermath). I'm only just up to RAW EP 55.. so a while off yet. That said I'm skipping matches that don't interest me these days (and there are a lot).

Even though it's spoiled for me I'll still enjoy watching it no doubt.

Also got Superstar Stampede to check out as well. That's using the up and coming wrestlers and like Royal Rumble apparently.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I haven't watch it yet so I'll leave my opinions until I see it which will hopefully be this weekend.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Watched it over the weekend. It was actually fairly decent. It's obvious that without a crowd the atmosphere is different, but they did the best they could given the circumstances.

Spoilers:

Drew McIntyre vs Goldberg - WWE Championship

As expected, this match didn't last long given Goldberg is nearly 55, however they could've made it go either way. Given all the finishing moves were involved early, it was a physical, although short match. It went the right way IMO. Good on Drew for retaining.

Sasha Banks vs Carmella - SmackDown Women's Championship

Another match that was always going to go one way. I don't understand why WWE insist on giving wrestler 2 shots at titles in 2 consecutive PPV's when they already legitimately lose in the earlier one. They could've given another wrestler a shot at this.

Women's Royal Rumble

I'll be honest, I wanted Rhea Ripley to win this one. We had 4 Aussie ladies in this rumble and Rhea made it to the final 2, hopefully next year she'll go one better. She seemed like the most dominant one throughout. Congrats on Belair winning, hopefully she'll make the most of it at WM.

Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens - Universal Championship

Another physical match, but I couldn't see Owens winning this one. Roman was always going to walk away. It would did get interesting when Roman was handcuffed to the forklift, I thought the referee was going to get the 10 count on him.

Men's Royal Rumble

I don't see what Edge winning this thing was going to produce. He's already won and main events WM, so why give it to him again? I would've been happier if Christian did it though as he's never achieved it. Another thing is they had 4 returning wrestlers, yet the commentators never made a big deal about it like they usually do, it was business as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trophy Points
Whoops my bad... just added the spoiler buttons back again :D

Haven't watched it yet (or Superstar Stampede) as I'm about 2-3 weeks behind.. but just watched a few episodes last night.

Have you seen MSK on NXT? Watched their debut match last night and some of the stuff Nash Carter was doing was absolutely insane.

Check out the spinning crossbody off the ropes at 3:33

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Whoops my bad... just added the spoiler buttons back again :D

Haven't watched it yet (or Superstar Stampede) as I'm about 2-3 weeks behind.. but just watched a few episodes last night.

Have you seen MSK on NXT? Watched their debut match last night and some of the stuff Nash Carter was doing was absolutely insane.

Check out the spinning crossbody off the ropes at 3:33

Man that move was insane. It reminds me of how they used to wrestle when TNA was first established - Total Non-stop Action. I remember Rey Mysterio used to be able to do these insane moves when he was younger. Very talented wrestlers there.

Trophy Points
Man that move was insane. It reminds me of how they used to wrestle when TNA was first established - Total Non-stop Action. I remember Rey Mysterio used to be able to do these insane moves when he was younger. Very talented wrestlers there.
There was another move in that match that guy did and I was like " :oops: dammmmmmnnn"

The end move was also amazing. Definitely going to be keeping an eye on them. Infact I'm enjoying NXT these days.. more than SD and RAW.

Reigns "tribal chief" crap is just annoying, many of the storylines and matches are the same thing over and over again, and the storylines are weak. RAW has heaps of talent but isn't using a lot of it.

Trophy Points
Finally figured out finally what the issue with Toni Storm appears to be @Wahesh ...

Her quads/hamstrings/thighs are massive and seem to be too big for her frame

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Finally figured out finally what the issue with Toni Storm appears to be @Wahesh ...

Her quads/hamstrings/thighs are massive and seem to be too big for her frame
Yeah she's got her thunder-thighs that one. She's claiming being an Aussie over Kiwi though, so can't hold too much against her lol.

What did you think of the Royal Rumble?

Trophy Points
What did you think of the Royal Rumble?
Haven't watched it yet... maybe today or in next few days. Just had quite a bit on my plate with a few things, hence being a tad quiet on here over past few days.

Watched WWE Superstar Spectacle (which is a new 5 year PPV for Indias Independence day).

Featured this 7'2" bloke Giant Sanjeer, and a few other emerging Indian WWE Performance talents, up against / in teams with WWE superstars. Was okay, but was 1hr 30 minutes and I just skipped though it in about 30 minutes.

Trophy Points
Finally had a chance to finish watching it, so here are my thoughts.

Kick Off Show - Flair and Asuka vs Jax and Bayzner - Womans Tag Team Championship
Why give Bayzner and Jax the championship back? Why not give someone else a chance. Completely and utterly pointless championship battle. Unfortunately "pointless" events will continue in the Royal Rumble though.

Spear, spear, kick, spear, Claymore, match done. Possibly the most pointless Championship belt match I've seen. WWE need to send Goldberg into the pasture like Lesnar, he's past his prime.

Why? Why did this even need to happen? At least Sasha fairly retained, but this could have been a weekly program fight.

Women's Royal Rumble
Actually enjoyed this one. Was good to see NXT talent featured heavily, albeit suprised they didn't unleash Raquel Gonzalez as it'd be the perfect way to get her noticed and shes a powerhouse.

Waste of my time with that bullshit finish. Should have let Owens win the belt, then The Miz cash in his MITB briefcase to win Universal Championship.

That then could have set up a good storyline whereby Jey Uso challenges The Miz, wins the belt, and overthrows Roman Reigns at Head of the Table. That would end that storyline, and have been SO much better.

Men's Royal Rumble
Yet again I find myself asking why?
Edge spent half the Rumble asleep/resting in the corner of the ring untouched.
Why bother with Kane, that Apple guy, Hurricane Himms? Heck even Otis was wasted.
Why only one NXT wrestler?

Should have used the above spots to put in Karrion Kross, Dexter Lumis, and Bronson Reed. All absolute powerhouses, who would have attracted viewers to check out NXT.

and where is Andrade? Humberto Carrillo? Drew Gulak? I think Alisteir Black is back from eye injury, but who knows.

Heck what about chucking in The Hurt Business given they are fighting at the moment, and have them turn on each other. Or TBar and Mace turn on Mustafa Ali. or Jaxxson Ryker turn on Elias. So much missed potential.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Finally had a chance to finish watching it, so here are my thoughts.

Kick Off Show - Flair and Asuka vs Jax and Bayzner - Womans Tag Team Championship
Why give Bayzner and Jax the championship back? Why not give someone else a chance. Completely and utterly pointless championship battle. Unfortunately "pointless" events will continue in the Royal Rumble though.

Spear, spear, kick, spear, Claymore, match done. Possibly the most pointless Championship belt match I've seen. WWE need to send Goldberg into the pasture like Lesnar, he's past his prime.

Why? Why did this even need to happen? At least Sasha fairly retained, but this could have been a weekly program fight.

Women's Royal Rumble
Actually enjoyed this one. Was good to see NXT talent featured heavily, albeit suprised they didn't unleash Raquel Gonzalez as it'd be the perfect way to get her noticed and shes a powerhouse.

Waste of my time with that bullshit finish. Should have let Owens win the belt, then The Miz cash in his MITB briefcase to win Universal Championship.

That then could have set up a good storyline whereby Jey Uso challenges The Miz, wins the belt, and overthrows Roman Reigns at Head of the Table. That would end that storyline, and have been SO much better.

Men's Royal Rumble
Yet again I find myself asking why?
Edge spent half the Rumble asleep/resting in the corner of the ring untouched.
Why bother with Kane, that Apple guy, Hurricane Himms? Heck even Otis was wasted.
Why only one NXT wrestler?

Should have used the above spots to put in Karrion Kross, Dexter Lumis, and Bronson Reed. All absolute powerhouses, who would have attracted viewers to check out NXT.

and where is Andrade? Humberto Carrillo? Drew Gulak? I think Alisteir Black is back from eye injury, but who knows.

Heck what about chucking in The Hurt Business given they are fighting at the moment, and have them turn on each other. Or TBar and Mace turn on Mustafa Ali. or Jaxxson Ryker turn on Elias. So much missed potential.
There was so much missed potential. The main plus from this RR is that there was no dingle dominant entrant like Lesnar was last year. Hurricane Helms was the entrant, he played a superhero dope back in his day - more a comic character. They had a lot of legends returning this time round, and that took up a lot of space for others that could have played a part - like the ones you mentioned and also the like of Keith Lee and Murphy. Even Dom Mysterio was a waste of a spot. So many good things they could've done but they stuffed up.

Trophy Points
It was just bizzare. Like they were happy to settle for whoever, rather than picking who they should have.

Hence the whole thing was like an unenthusiastic "meh".

Damien Priest debuted in RAW this week which was good to see. Carlito also popped up in RAW this week, but is apparently still in limbo future wise. Entire WWE (except NXT) seems like a wish washed, rehashed mess at the moment.

Storylines that nobody really cares about, matches and feuds absolutely done to death whilst other talent seemingly is completely shut out from entering the ring. Heaps of missed opportunities like Dabba Kato, Omos, and others.

Seems like WWE are almost playing favourites with some wrestlers, whilst shutting out many others. Tucker, Tozawa, Murphy, Andrade, Carillo, Black, the list goes on.

Trophy Points
Rhea Ripley FINALLY gets a call up to RAW in order to add much needed competition to the Womans division. I dare say she won't be the last either.
Hopefully Bronson Reed follows her into RAW/SD.

A few things pissing me off at the moment though:
- Seth Rollins is back flogging a dead horse with his "I'm the leader" gig.
- Alexa Bliss pretty much taking The Fiends gig is kinda shit too.
- Sami Zayn shut the fuck up already. The gig was old months ago.
- Roman Reigns "Head of the Table" crap.
- Too many matches are the same all the time these days.
- I am soooooo sick of Nia Jax. She isn't even that talented.
- Miz and Morrison made even more insufferable.
- Guys like Ricochet, Alisteir Black, and many other talents are hugely underused. Others like Djakovic / Tbar are wasted. Meanwhile NXT is stacked with talent that deserves a chance to step up.
- Woman like Morgan, Rose, Brooke, not getting chances.

Hence mostly flicking through episodes.

Seems everything is focussed on WRESTLEMANIA and nothing else.

Finally watched Elimination Chamber and NXT Vengenace Day.

Vengenance Day was disappointing I felt. What's the point if no titles change hand.

Elimination Chamber had it's moments.

The GOOD
Riddle taking out the United States Championship over Lashley and Morrison.
RAW and SD Elimination Chamber matches were pretty brutal.
Finally Kofi was allowed to show all his talent off.

The BAD
The pissweak Championship battle for Drew McIntyres belt.
The pissweak Championship battle for Roman Reigns belt.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Rhea Ripley FINALLY gets a call up to RAW in order to add much needed competition to the Womans division. I dare say she won't be the last either.
Hopefully Bronson Reed follows her into RAW/SD.

A few things pissing me off at the moment though:
- Seth Rollins is back flogging a dead horse with his "I'm the leader" gig.
- Alexa Bliss pretty much taking The Fiends gig is kinda shit too.
- Sami Zayn shut the fuck up already. The gig was old months ago.
- Roman Reigns "Head of the Table" crap.
- Too many matches are the same all the time these days.
- I am soooooo sick of Nia Jax. She isn't even that talented.
- Miz and Morrison made even more insufferable.
- Guys like Ricochet, Alisteir Black, and many other talents are hugely underused. Others like Djakovic / Tbar are wasted. Meanwhile NXT is stacked with talent that deserves a chance to step up.
- Woman like Morgan, Rose, Brooke, not getting chances.

Hence mostly flicking through episodes.

Seems everything is focussed on WRESTLEMANIA and nothing else.

Finally watched Elimination Chamber and NXT Vengenace Day.

Vengenance Day was disappointing I felt. What's the point if no titles change hand.

Elimination Chamber had it's moments.

The GOOD
Riddle taking out the United States Championship over Lashley and Morrison.
RAW and SD Elimination Chamber matches were pretty brutal.
Finally Kofi was allowed to show all his talent off.

The BAD
The pissweak Championship battle for Drew McIntyres belt.
The pissweak Championship battle for Roman Reigns belt.
That's right mate. I can't believe after the EC they get that used-by idiot Lashley and make him seem beat up McIntyre, THEN have Miz cash in MitB. I mean I know that MitB is meant to be a surprise cash-in but come on... that was a pathetic way of doing it.

And yes we need Morgan and Rose to get more involved, and step a lot of the NXT talent up to the big time. At the same time they can get a lot of those mid-carded boring wrestlers and drop them to be NXT mentors.

Trophy Points
Gets worse.... in latest RAW Lashley beats Miz for WWE Championship.

Guaranteed you can see a Lashley vs McIntyre Wrestlemania match.

Lashleys a shit wrestler, just like Reigns. No idea why they are getting so much exposure.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Gets worse.... in latest RAW Lashley beats Miz for WWE Championship.

Guaranteed you can see a Lashley vs McIntyre Wrestlemania match.

Lashleys a shit wrestler, just like Reigns. No idea why they are getting so much exposure.
I know it just goes to show how bad it was having Miz get the MitB to being with - they should've left it with Otis.

Trophy Points
Yeah it seems some wrestlers have more pull than others getting their storylines over.

It's like Miz has heaps of pull because he has another show on the USA Network, so they bend over to his wishes.

Trophy Points
@Wahesh I'm backlogged with episodes again, but anyway this is unrelated.

Was at Bunnings the other day and cracked myself up to the point I had to fight back sniggering or bursting out laughing. I was at the counter and the woman in front of me (about mid 70s) had:
a ladder,
a blow moulded foldable,
a single black folding chair.

First thing that comes into my mind "Ahh frigging sweet, she's buying the WWE Starter Pack".... and that started to give me the giggles, and of course then I got the mental image of her hitting a splash from the top ropes onto a table, and that made it worse.

Had to bite my lip to stop myself bursting into a fit of laughter.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
@Wahesh I'm backlogged with episodes again, but anyway this is unrelated.

Was at Bunnings the other day and cracked myself up to the point I had to fight back sniggering or bursting out laughing. I was at the counter and the woman in front of me (about mid 70s) had:
a ladder,
a blow moulded foldable,
a single black folding chair.

First thing that comes into my mind "Ahh frigging sweet, she's buying the WWE Starter Pack".... and that started to give me the giggles, and of course then I got the mental image of her hitting a splash from the top ropes onto a table, and that made it worse.

Had to bite my lip to stop myself bursting into a fit of laughter.
Her holding the black folding chair would've been hilarious to see LMAO.