• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Several clubs circling ex Bulldog Corey Harawira-Neara.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
BY ALEX CAIAFA
-
CONTRIBUTOR
JULY 3, 2020

A number of NRL clubs are keen on signing recently sacked Canterbury Bulldogs backrower Corey Harawira-Naera should he be allowed to get back on an NRL field in 2020, reports The Daily Telegraph.

Clubs are allowed to register players until August 3rd, meaning if Harawira-Naera is able to get back onto the field by then, plenty of NRL clubs will be keen to get their hands on him.

With the off-field actions in pre-season being in the spotlight, Harawira-Naera and also former teammate Jayden Okunbor had their contracts deregistered by the club.

The Bulldogs in the end opted to go for the tough stance in deregistering their contracts, but others, including the NRL’s chief gender adviser Catharine Lumby, believe the alleged behaviour by both players may not have been as bad.
“They have done nothing criminal as far as we know”, Lumby said at the time.

Harawira-Naera will likely have his hearing at some point in the near future, where he will learn his fate from his alleged off-field actions that will determine if he will be able to play NRL again.

Trophy Points
Awesome ... though I thought both already had their hearings?

Bulldogs - the gift that keeps on giving (to other clubs).

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
Surly he comes back to us ?
How is this fair we get punished for doing the right thing by reporting it and then lose out on that player.

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
He won't come back to the club who ditched him
We didn’t ditch him we had to report it or will get fined for it, plus the Nrl fucked him and now they are letting him back in making us look bad.

Edwin Kwok

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I really enjoyed him as a player for us. Shame it ended the way it did.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
We didn’t ditch him we had to report it or will get fined for it, plus the Nrl fucked him and now they are letting him back in making us look bad.

I don't know the sequence of events but I just feel like the club could have done more.. they weren't really coming out in his defence or anything.. not that I saw, anyway.. Maybe a Wayne Bennett wouldn't be bad for this club after all

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
I don't know the sequence of events but I just feel like the club could have done more.. they weren't really coming out in his defence or anything.. not that I saw, anyway.. Maybe a Wayne Bennett wouldn't be bad for this club after all
Our club is the bitch of the NRL .

Trophy Points
The club made the decision to terminate both players contracts after breaching the Clubs Code of Conduct.

It was only after the NRL Integrity Unit investigated that they terminated their contracts.

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
The club made the decision to terminate both players contracts after breaching the Clubs Code of Conduct.

It was only after the NRL Integrity Unit investigated that they terminated their contracts.
Who made the call to terminate there contract?

Trophy Points
Mahoney didn't play that many games for us. Was less than a season (from memory) as he was between Flegg and Shield.

Saw his name flag up when I was putting together all the stats for the front end.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Mahoney didn't play that many games for us. Was less than a season (from memory) as he was between Flegg and Shield.

Saw his name flag up when I was putting together all the stats for the front end.

was that in response to my comment? I mean Api was a done deal till Penrith swooped... that's not the sort of shit that should happen to this once proud club

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
Our club certainly is a bitch... We had a player taken from us at the 11th hour who is currently the form hooker of the comp, a position we so desperately need.. the f is that all about
Same as teddy we had him signed and the roosters cane and took him in the cooling off period.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Same as teddy we had him signed and the roosters cane and took him in the cooling off period.

How could I forget.... absolute laughing stock.. no surprise we've been shit all these years.

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
How could I forget.... absolute laughing stock.. no surprise we've been shit all these years.
The whole board needs to start being firm and get things done.
Start thinking about what’s good for the club and not each other’s image.
Start putting club first.

Trophy Points
was that in response to my comment? I mean Api was a done deal till Penrith swooped... that's not the sort of shit that should happen to this once proud club
Yeah and when you think about it, we've lost a lot of decent hookers.

Ennis, Mahoney, Cook