• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Team Changes

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I don't think all the changes in the world would have prevented what happened yesterday, but I do believe there are some obvious issues for the Dogs and I am interested in hearing what everybody's thoughts are?

Hooker is the biggest issues for me... it all starts there and if the service isn't great it just makes it that much easier for oppositions to shut us down.. Josh Cook looked like a genuine 9 in the trials and should be given a crack.
Josh Jackson might need to go to the bench or be moved... he is playing important roles but is looking a bit past it..
Schoup needs to come back in for Averillo.. despite a shaky start, he and Burnes defended well together in the second half against Manly.
I'd probably leave the halves for at least a few weeks as Wakeham has been ok but at some point Kyle needs to be given a crack.. he's the only one of our halves who has actually played a decent amount of good games at the top level.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
If we don't see a change to 9 this week, there will be many exasperated supporters out there.
JJ needs to retire from captaincy, it should afford him relief to do so and improve his game.... I hope.
Averillo grew up playing as a centre, yet I suspect he's been shoehorned into a halves position so long, he needs a few game to remember what a centre is supposed to actually do and emulate that.

Trophy Points
1. Dufty
2. Naden
3. Burns
4. Averillo/Schoupp
5. JAC
6. Flanno
7. Burton
8. Waddell
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. TPJ
12. Jackson
13. Thompson

14. BBO
15. Seumanufagai
16. Stimson / Patolo / Topine
17. King

18. Hoffman

That stops Naden being a ball hog.
Stops Jackson getting in the way at lock.
Allows BBO coming on at hooker (yes JMK dropped).
Puts Waddell back at prop where he played brilliant in recent times.

That said Panthers could easily put 50 on us given Storm put 44 on us.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
My knowledge isn't great when it comes to forwards, and I think TPJ has been good in his position, but would you guys move him to lock? He's our best ball player and while Baz is trying to make Jackson a link man, Jacko's ball playing skills ain't up to par at the minute..

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Who do you guys think will take the 1 jersey if Dufty moves on? I reckon Toia is a good chance, he's a very skilful player.. Kiraz is also somebody I'd like to see at the back.. if we could sign a quality or a couple of quality outside men Fox might be worth giving a shot.

Trophy Points
Given how much he's targeted under the high ball, other teams must suspect JAC isn't terribly good under bombs.

I guess there are a few ways to go:
1. JAC > Fullback, Kiraz > Centre/Wing
2. Toia > Fullback, Kiraz > Centre/Wing

Ideally moving forwards and given injuries I'd have:

1. Toia
2. JAC
3. Kiraz
4. Burns
5. Allen/Naden

Problem is you don't want to promote guys too early into a side that can't win games, as that will damage their career potentially.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It's pretty much inevitable that Trent will try some things now that we're destined for the spoon... Kiraz will obviously get a crack but I'm thinking Toia should get a run at 1.. Surely there are some other players in NSW cup worth promoting..

is RFM ever going to return?

Trophy Points
RFM was due for a return this game, but came down with the flu late in the week. That was according to Phil Gould.

Toia for Dufty, and Kiraz into the side for Naden. I think that's the first changes we will see.

Both Naden and Dufty need a spell in NSW cup.

Maybe even Casey in for Okunbors side too.

Cook or Topine in for JMK would be nice, and anyone in for Jackson. But can't see that many changes happening.

1. Toia
2. Casey
3. Schoupp
4. Kiraz
5. JAC

At least a backline with a chance.

I wouldn't promote Alamoti yet, hes too young and inexperienced.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
As much as we can speculate you know what Barretts like just "one of the boys" so you see just how many changes there are come tuesday night and im saying there will be none as usual barring injuries.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
As much as we can speculate you know what Barretts like just "one of the boys" so you see just how many changes there are come tuesday night and im saying there will be none as usual barring injuries.

The only thing is that I just don't know what he could do that would help us do any better.. though a good start would be playing somebody at 1 who will still be at the club next year.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
you are right Howard Dufty has become our dud fullback we would have been served better hanging on to cotric and putting JAc at fullback and forgetting Dufty.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
As far as I'm concerned, if our management don't act while Shane Flanagan is available they need to step down. He's the man who can dig us out of the hole we're in.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
it's stupid how commentators say oh I don't think another coach can get more out of the roster, and then they go on to talk about our lack of effort in certain areas.. um yeah that's what the good coaches get out of their players.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Interesting to note that Dufty is in the top 10 for meters gained in the NRL this season.. I know it doesn't make up for areas where he lacks but maybe there is some hope at least while he's with us.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
So Dufty is putting in attacking effort, just needs someone to give him an injection of D to HTFU perhaps?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
A few fans are wigging out that 10 players haven't been dropped at once. I want to see some new blood but personally I don't mind them letting the dust settle first.. if we had guys that you could say for certain will be great first graders then yeah sweet, but we've already got a few blokes on minimum games to their name so best to hold off at least for a few weeks and then maybe give Toia a crack, even Casey too.. I trust Potter to do what's right.

Trophy Points
Toias got a bad hamstring injury sadly. Out for a month odd.

Maybe move JAC to fullback, and Casey to wing.

1. JAC
2. Casey
3. Schoupp
4. Kiraz
5. Averillo

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Toias got a bad hamstring injury sadly. Out for a month odd.

Maybe move JAC to fullback, and Casey to wing.

1. JAC
2. Casey
3. Schoupp
4. Kiraz
5. Averillo

I'm just not sold on Avo.. I'd honestly take Okunbor over him on the wing because he's a bigger body