• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Team Changes

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
If Averillo bulks up and starts running with intent it might be better.. he's gotta be wing at best though because he's not having any impact at centre
Averillo is slowly going the way of Mbye (and BBO to an extent). A player without a pre set position.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Averillo is slowly going the way of Mbye (and BBO to an extent). A player without a pre set position.

He's gotta be winger imo.. he's not skilful or hungry enough to waste a centre spot where as Kiraz is... though if they're just easing Kiraz in I suppose I get it but he needs to be closer to the action.

On another interesting note.. Payne Haas has requested a release, meanwhile we're apparently letting Hetherington talk to the Knights... there was also a rumour that Gus and co were looking at Payne, though I'm wondering if he's heading to the Titans as his younger brother just signed with them.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Hetherington is the same attitude with Lane and Meaney for me.
The right coach will see him flourish.
No idea why we're going to let him go.

Averillo's traditional position is supposed to be a centre.
We've JAC, Alomoti, Kiraz as well that come to mind.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Hmmm wonder what that is about.
guess we are going to have to wait until sunday for an announcement crosses my fingers and feet . the dogs are getting like a soapie on tv . Wait for the next episode to see who is going and who is coming. Will a real fullback stand up for the dogs? Will the forwards finally decide that offloading the ball is a good idea. Will the captain stop living in the past about his great plays that don't exist anymore. Will our happy hooker finally decide to send the ball out wide to our backs to see how good they are or how bad they are. Will our seconds coaches be seen for what they are no attack and no defence. Will Phil Gould coach himself into a corner or pull off a masterstroke. Wait for the following episodes to see what happens next in the enthralling series of "Dogs in Deep Doo Doo"

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I can't see him leaving Manly but Rueben Garrick wouldn't be a bad pickup as a fullback replacement.. big body, runs hard, got a decent skill set.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Sexton from the Titans is going to be a good player.. he's very green but has a good footy IQ.. I know the Titans are struggling but he's been involved in just about everything good they've done in attack this year and has forced the most repeat sets of any player in the competition. While we probably need an experienced half, Titans have to make 5 spine players fit into 4 next season......

Trophy Points
Anyone playing the Broncos in the next few rounds will be laughing!

Haas, Reynolds, Staggs, Farnworth - all injured.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Storm will lap them but I think they might otherwise be ok.. Gamble just needs to make his tackles and let Mam do the creative stuff..

Brenko Lee is a handy replacement in the centres

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Averillo played his best game for us today. Not sure if he's the long term option but hopefully he can continue to grow in the role.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think so too saved a potential try from their half back under the posts and scored an intercept himself.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
i watched the reserve grade game in full and although dufty did set up a few things his timing is still a bit off and Okunbor shoyld not eve be in reserve grade or any grade he just cant tackle. He can run in open space and thats the limit of hsi capabilties

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
well im off to get the heartbeat settled and have some dinner take care see you all soon šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
i watched the reserve grade game in full and although dufty did set up a few things his timing is still a bit off and Okunbor shoyld not eve be in reserve grade or any grade he just cant tackle. He can run in open space and thats the limit of hsi capabilties

Dufty will always have his moments in attack but his downfall will always be what he doesn't do off the ball. I was hopeful that would change but Jake deserves his opportunity after being screwed around playing out of position for most of his first grade career to date. He's either a centre, winger or fullback for mine.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Dufty will always have his moments in attack but his downfall will always be what he doesn't do off the ball. I was hopeful that would change but Jake deserves his opportunity after being screwed around playing out of position for most of his first grade career to date. He's either a centre, winger or fullback for mine.
absolutely