• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Technology

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Gee's mate, I got you right in the nick of time lol. Teams is good for storage purposes, but you can also chat, send emails, make phone calls, host conference calls, share files and present (screen sharing) among lots of other stuff too.

Yeah cool. I really never bother with that type of stuff bar file sharing, but it won't hurt to learn some new tools.

Trophy Points
Why oh why oh why oh why... in 2023... do people not understand how to use CarbonCopy, BLINDCarbonCopy, and Reply All.

Instead they lump everyone in the CC field, then some moron does "Reply To All", and you end up seeing an entire email chain for something you never really need to.

Been pretty flat out of late with things, next weeks going to be stupidly busy actually.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Why oh why oh why oh why... in 2023... do people not understand how to use CarbonCopy, BLINDCarbonCopy, and Reply All.

Instead they lump everyone in the CC field, then some moron does "Reply To All", and you end up seeing an entire email chain for something you never really need to.

Been pretty flat out of late with things, next weeks going to be stupidly busy actually.
Yeah it gets annoying when that happens. I also questions why scams using robotic voices are still circulating when everyone just hangs up on them lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Hey so,

I had been given a refund from a purchase from Microsoft right, and I realised the card I had in their system is a card that recently expired. I did some research, and the conclusion was, that from within the banks system, the money just gets forwarded to your account, as although the card is expired, the card numbers are still associated with your account, just not in use.

I hope that makes sense, and if so, have any of you had a similar experience? and what was the outcome? I'm just hoping it's a smooth process because I don't want to have to try and deal with Microsoft AI again.

Trophy Points
That sounds about right to me.

The card expiring would just mean you can't use it to buy things, but putting money back onto it shouldn't be an issue as it's directly linked to an account. I.E The card is the outlet used to facilitate spending money from an account to the vendor, not receiving funds in.

If that makes sense.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That sounds about right to me.

The card expiring would just mean you can't use it to buy things, but putting money back onto it shouldn't be an issue as it's directly linked to an account. I.E The card is the outlet used to facilitate spending money from an account to the vendor, not receiving funds in.

If that makes sense.

Yeah, that sums up what I found upon research. I just don't want to spend another minute dealing with Microsoft's crappy "customer service".

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
All sorted! Thank goodness for that.. I was not keen for another round of Microsoft AI. I will say in their favor though that it was really good to be able to receive a refund even after the 30 day trial period.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Yeah, that sums up what I found upon research. I just don't want to spend another minute dealing with Microsoft's crappy "customer service".
I hate dealing with AI unless absolutely necessary. We have a Microsoft shop here in Sydney in Pitt St Mall so usually I'll go to that on the very rare occasion that I'll need anything from them. I'll mainly buy my IT stuff from Asians who give it away dirt cheap lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I hate dealing with AI unless absolutely necessary. We have a Microsoft shop here in Sydney in Pitt St Mall so usually I'll go to that on the very rare occasion that I'll need anything from them. I'll mainly buy my IT stuff from Asians who give it away dirt cheap lol.

Yeah it's just frustrating conversing with a screen when it's important. It was a bit of a wakeup call for me, not that I was a big ordeal, but I've since decluttered my entire web presence and stripped it back to pretty much just work and banking.. I feel it will be easier to just live in the present and not have to have all this other junk to worry about... bar bills and rent of course!