• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Random Bulldogs Talk Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Bad Billy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Who are you guys tipping to be captain post Jacko? I'd say Burton is a sure thing with JAC vice, or a two captain setup. Mahoney would be a good option as well. Even further down the line I could see Jackson Topine being in the mix if he remains with us long term.
I would’ve thought fox, just for his seniority and the fact that his position is less physically demanding.

Trophy Points
I've always thought RFM could make a good captain as he's very quietly spoken and a cool head.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Sounds like Ciraldo is getting on top of everything early. He's met with different players and one of them was Kyle for coffee.

I really want Kyle to succeed, you can see how much effort he puts in.. with another full pre season with the first grade team you just never know.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Gus and co have been making heaps of depth/lower grade signings which I'm sure you guys have been noticing! Very interesting..

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Mates, I reckon JAC will go close to player of the world cup...what an excellent try against New Zealand!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
How crazy will it be if JAC gets player of the tournament.. I haven't watched the full games but he's been the face of just about every win.

In other news, apparently Alamoti is set to re-sign for a couple more seasons.

Trophy Points
How crazy will it be if JAC gets player of the tournament.. I haven't watched the full games but he's been the face of just about every win.

In other news, apparently Alamoti is set to re-sign for a couple more seasons.
Hard not to pick him given he's a try scoring machine. But probably Cleary or someone will nab it.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
after watching the Fox's highlights from the world cup I do believe he could be our fullback, he's got a pass in him, his kicks ain't terrible.. I mean the guy is just a player, and the more he has the ball, the better.

He's also played with Slater and Teddy, so he knows what is required to be a current top line 1.

Last edited:
Trophy Points
after watching the Fox's highlights from the world cup I do believe he could be our fullback, he's got a pass in him, his kicks ain't terrible.. I mean the guy is just a player, and the more he has the ball, the better.

He's also played with Slater and Teddy, so he knows what is required to be a current top line 1.
I just wonder if running all game will lessen his impact. He's good in open space, but I'm not sure he's 100% safe under the high ball, nor is the ball player we need back there.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I just wonder if running all game will lessen his impact. He's good in open space, but I'm not sure he's 100% safe under the high ball, nor is the ball player we need back there.

I think he's safe enough under the high ball, and he's no better no worse than Papenhuyzen with his ball-handling, I can't recall him ever missing the mark at pace or in traffic..

I think if he put his hand up he'd do a good job.. he works hard enough and coming from that Storm system where he played with Billy and Papenhuyzen he'd know what's required.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Bloody hell... have a go at Skelton and Alamoti! Two absolute specimens!

I just hope there's still as much emphasis on versatility.. it's one thing to look like that but it's another thing to be able to move.. although Skelton with his background and watching him in Cup I'd imagine puts plenty of emphasis on that.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm getting a bit over the Josh Reynolds circus. It's good that he's back at the club but anybody who thinks he will play first grade obviously hasn't been paying any attention.