• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Random Bulldogs Talk Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
I think Davey might be a suprise too. Possible Max King vibes about him.

There are several players who might absolutely thrive under a coach like Ciraldo.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think Davey might be a suprise too. Possible Max King vibes about him.

There are several players who might absolutely thrive under a coach like Ciraldo.

Yeah massively man... Davey strikes me as one of those blokes who has a very team first mentality... if he has a good run of injuries he could absolutely be a wild card. I like him as a signing and feel like Manly would have kept him if he wasn't injury prone.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I feel like if Perham can get his defence in order he could pretty much be our Stephen Crichton...

I also feel like the JAC fullback idea has been squashed, and I understand it.. I mean I don't get the sense that he was ever reaaally pushing for a shot.. but I honestly can't help but wonder what a JAC at fullback would be like.. I mean he's got the voice/leadership aspects, and I honestly don't see what a Papenhuyzen has in regards to fullback qualities that the Fox lacks.

Trophy Points
Yeah be interesting to see how he goes. Fullbacks these days need to be able to ballplay at the line.

Not sure JAC has that ability.

Averillo does, but needs perfecting.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah be interesting to see how he goes. Fullbacks these days need to be able to ballplay at the line.

Not sure JAC has that ability.

Averillo does, but needs perfecting.

I've seen Fox produce some good passing in traffic, not sure about at the line.

It will be interesting to see of Perham gets a crack, although I reckon Ciraldo will get the best out of Jake.

Trophy Points
I've seen Fox produce some good passing in traffic, not sure about at the line.

It will be interesting to see of Perham gets a crack, although I reckon Ciraldo will get the best out of Jake.
*a wild Stephen Crichton appears*

At least that's what I'm thinking real soon.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
*a wild Stephen Crichton appears*

At least that's what I'm thinking real soon.

Yeah.. from what I have gathered about the players' relationship with Ciraldo it's an obvious one, and of course I'm sure he has a good relationship with Kikau and Burton.

It's a good signing.. He is only 22 and is a very versatile athlete. We will get value out of him.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
I'm getting a bit over the Josh Reynolds circus. It's good that he's back at the club but anybody who thinks he will play first grade obviously hasn't been paying any attention.
He's doing his job in that case i.e. taking the focus off the regular squad and development players.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It's so deflating that we are one win above last.

What sucks is that you can tell Ciraldo trained them reasonably well over the preseason, but there's just a few individuals letting us down. The fact Preston is our best middle in his rookie season is evidence as to what our REAL problem is.

Some fans might complain about the Crichton signing, but the guy is a winner, and we need more players with a winners mentality, because resting on your laurels after beating last and second last place won't cut it.

We're giving games away, not just losing them.

Trophy Points
Injuries have played a major part in our seasons disruption. We have way more injuries than any other club.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I still think there's a lot of work to do on our team mentality. There's some guys who have solid games or a solid couple of games but then get complacent. I trust Cam but hopefully it turns around soon because we're one win off last.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
at this rate the wooden spoon is heading this way again and i wonder how much longer the fans are going to put up with this chit year after year you see wests will give us abig touch up too when we meet

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think Ciraldo is doing the best he can but we fucked up by not signing Shane Flanagan.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
commentators hit the nail on the head the warriors have a much more superior team than us by the look of this i doubt if we will score in this game there is nothing there