• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

What are your favorite ever games, across any platform, of all time?

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Not sure about favourites, but Speed Freaks was a fun game for Play Station

36894-title-Speed-Freaks.jpg

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I remember 2 games for Windows I absolutely LOVED in the 90s were "Need for Speed: Special Edition" and also "Death Rally" - and the original Grand Theft Auto came after that.

1611375208481.png

1611375133066.png

Trophy Points
I still had that original Need for Speed floating around somewhere as of a few years back. Tossed it out when it wouldn't load though so oldest I have now is the original High Stakes.

What rocked about that game is almost 100% of the time you could start a race, turn hard right/left and take out the others, and cruise to victory. :D

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I had flashbacks of Carmageddon when I saw that bottom image
Carmageddon... now that takes me back. Everyone in school used to talk about it but I couldn’t run it on my pc lol. I was happy with GTA at that point though - and Tomb Raider.

Trophy Points
Mate I used to thrash that demo hard... I loved it. My mates gave me a CD with all these demos on it back around 97 and that was one of them. It also had ARL 96 on it lol.

Memories...
Was it from PC Authority or PC User something like that :D?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Carmageddon... now that takes me back. Everyone in school used to talk about it but I couldn’t run it on my pc lol. I was happy with GTA at that point though - and Tomb Raider.

haha I had the demo on my pc.. I never really bothered to try and play the game however it's meant to be played I just created carnage and that was fun.. man old school GTA feels like forever age ago now

Mate I used to thrash that demo hard... I loved it. My mates gave me a CD with all these demos on it back around 97 and that was one of them. It also had ARL 96 on it lol.

Memories...

haha they are rubbish games but pretty good for the time.. Wish I did more with computers back then rather than MSN and making shitty Geocities websites lol

Wahesh

Trophy Points
haha I had the demo on my pc.. I never really bothered to try and play the game however it's meant to be played I just created carnage and that was fun.. man old school GTA feels like forever age ago now

haha they are rubbish games but pretty good for the time.. Wish I did more with computers back then rather than MSN and making shitty Geocities websites lol
Yeah that's true man. I think I only played it once and it kind of felt like an awesome game because IIRC the map is sandbox? So it was like GTA in 3D. I just played it for fun too.

There was also this game I played around 2000 called Urban Chaos. Man I loved that game. It was 3D sandbox with mini maps all over the city, rather than just 1 big map the way GTA do it, and different missions/objectives to pass. I'm pretty sure that game paved the way for what GTA ended up doing.

I remember I created one of those fan sites... my one was Friendpages though (although my colleagues who were also studying website design used Geocities). The only reason I had it was so that I could put into practice the stuff we were learning while studying Website Design at college. MSN Messenger... that was my late-night social networking thing lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah that's true man. I think I only played it once and it kind of felt like an awesome game because IIRC the map is sandbox? So it was like GTA in 3D. I just played it for fun too.

There was also this game I played around 2000 called Urban Chaos. Man I loved that game. It was 3D sandbox with mini maps all over the city, rather than just 1 big map the way GTA do it, and different missions/objectives to pass. I'm pretty sure that game paved the way for what GTA ended up doing.

I remember I created one of those fan sites... my one was Friendpages though (although my colleagues who were also studying website design used Geocities). The only reason I had it was so that I could put into practice the stuff we were learning while studying Website Design at college. MSN Messenger... that was my late-night social networking thing lol.

I think so, I haven't played it in years.. I always thought GTA 3d versos was influenced from Carmageddon

Oh yeah I had a few Friendpages account.. I've tried to find them on Wayback Machine but can't remember what usernames I was using at the time.. and then of course it was Geocities, Angelfire and Tripod.. ahh the good ol' days of simple internet... man I spent way too many friggn' hours sitting up late on MSN