• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Game NRL 2021 Final Series

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Finals week 1 schedule​

Friday, September 10​

Qualifying final: Melbourne v Manly, 7.50pm at Sunshine Coast Stadium

Saturday, September 11​

Elimination final: Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast, 5.40pm at Queensland Country Bank Stadium
Qualifying final: Penrith v South Sydney, 7.50pm at Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Sunday, September 12​

Elimination final: Parramatta v Newcastle, 4.05pm at Browne Park, Rockhampton

1630889078976.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
You know... I wouldn't mind a Manly vs Panthers grand final. Never happened before either.

Would be an attackathon..

I'm just sick of the Storm.. they're just hard to give respect to because of their shit head tactics of laying all over players etc.. bunch of mutts

Trophy Points
Would be an attackathon..

I'm just sick of the Storm.. they're just hard to give respect to because of their shit head tactics of laying all over players etc.. bunch of mutts
Yeah and most of the banned tactics these days (like crusher tackles, diving at legs, etc) are all out of the Bellamy playbook.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Does my head in. Our blokes get pinned for holding down for a millisecond too long while Storm players have a three person slumber party on top of every tackled player.

Trophy Points
Verillis suspended for Roosters for 2 games.
Naden on extended bench for Panthers and Staines and Eisenhuth dropped completely. Leota, Sorensen and Edwards all named to play.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Edwards might not be the flashiest player but he is an important to the team for his kick returns, his meters gained, backing up and all round work ethic.. Leota is a big in and Sorensen has been good.. tough assignment for Parra.

Trophy Points
Brian Too out with an ankle injury. Naden brought in on the wing. 3 future Dogs players playing now.

DCE and Tommy Turbo having a night out tonight ... 24-4 to Manly with 6 minutes left in first half. If Manly score and convert again before half time it's gonna be game over at half time.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Now that Naden is getting the nod over Staines, one has to wonder if Penrith think they made the wrong choice in letting Brent go.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Parra weren't their best but definitely the better team.. Newcastle only seemed to get into Parra's 20 off the back of penalties and/or set restarts. If Parra can play like they did against Melbourne I think they can beat Penrith but that's a tall order. Penrith got exposed really badly by Souths so I can't see them beating Melbourne in the prelim if they win next week.

I've got the Roosters over Manly, feel like their experience will get them through and then of course they'll go down to Souths
lol roosters rooted watch the million dollar plain paper bags come out to try and buy a premiership for next season now . no over the salary cap mind you rosters don't have one. Only one i wish all the best to is J Morris who retired from football tonight.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Can't see Parra going with Penrith for the 80, feel like it will be close for 40 and then blow out

Trophy Points
Kinda boring game so far. Lots of to and fro, up and down the field.

No side tiring, or throwing any trick shots really.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm starting to wonder if teams have finally worked Penrith out.. they just aren't flowing like they used to. I still don't understand why Ivan gave up on Naden, he was awesome last year and his off field stuff seems to have gone quiet

Trophy Points
1631966116978.png

I'm starting to wonder if teams have finally worked Penrith out.. they just aren't flowing like they used to. I still don't understand why Ivan gave up on Naden, he was awesome last year and his off field stuff seems to have gone quiet
Panthers had a few late minute changes with players back from injury. I think Panthers just did what they needed to to win. Next week they'll send it.