• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo and PC Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Hey man, what's the size (GB) of the remastered version on PC? Unbelievably larger than the normal version it seems.

Off the tip of my head I think it's 60gb? I'll check later tonight.

I bought the original on Steam but, um, got the remaster other ways.... Cough.

Also, Saints Row 2 is on sale for about 3 bucks on steam.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Off the tip of my head I think it's 60gb? I'll check later tonight.

I bought the original on Steam but, um, got the remaster other ways.... Cough.

Also, Saints Row 2 is on sale for about 3 bucks on steam.
Have you played the 4th version? I did but found it has far too much sci-fi for my liking - they over-did it.

3 is the best IMO.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I got a spare graphics car in reserve, GTS 450, I'll try and see if the game will run off that one.

Trophy Points
@spiritofaslan @K E @Hacky McAxe yeah it's an old one but I'm more of an old-school gamer. That graphics card will still hold up today and run GTA 5 no problem. Freaking beast. I've already made some inquiries to computer shops to see if they can get one in for me - and I'll even pay for shipping. It's better to pay ~$50 for a graphics card that your PC can handle as opposed to spending $1000 on a new rig lol.

No need for a new rig. if your specs are reasonable. Even new graphics cards should work in a few year old PCIE slot, with current power supply.

Sure a $800-$2000 video card won't work, but any of the cheaper end of the market would still be fine for what you want.

You can download Speccy: https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy and that will give you a rundown of your PC Specs.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Have you played the 4th version? I did but found it has far too much sci-fi for my liking - they over-did it.

3 is the best IMO.

Yeah, wasn't a fan of it. Wasn't bad but didn't really like it.

Yeah, absolutely. For me it's 3, 1, 2 then 4. I haven't played Gat Out of Hell, though. That seems more of an add on than a full blown game.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Ok well the 450 doesn't have much life left in it so I think it's time for a new rig!

@spiritofaslan @Hacky McAxe any recommendations? I'm not after any rigged up on roids, just something that can handle a GTA 5 level game lol. I'm only after the CPU though as I've got everything else such a monitor and wireless keyboard/mouse, speakers, just after the rig :) - keeping my budget at $1000. Any shops you know of?

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points

It would technically work but it's not great. You'll get GTA V running fine at 1080p on medium/high settings without mods. Anything newer may struggle.

Personally with the CPU I wouldn't go under a core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Have a look at something like this:

https://www.titantechit.com/product-page/orpheus-ryzen-5-2600-580-8gb

• Motherboard: Asrock A320M mATX with heat sync.
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 6 cores 12 threads @ 3.4ghz
  • GPU: AMD RX 580 8GB Dual fan. Black and red edition.
  • RAM: 3200mhz 16gb (2x8gb) C17
  • SSD: 128gb M.2
  • HDD: 1TB
  • Tower: Thermaltake S100 white with 1x Pre installed rear fan and tempered glass side.
  • PSU: Full 700w with PCIE

Wahesh

Trophy Points
It would technically work but it's not great. You'll get GTA V running fine at 1080p on medium/high settings without mods. Anything newer may struggle.

Personally with the CPU I wouldn't go under a core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Have a look at something like this:

https://www.titantechit.com/product-page/orpheus-ryzen-5-2600-580-8gb

• Motherboard: Asrock A320M mATX with heat sync.
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 6 cores 12 threads @ 3.4ghz
  • GPU: AMD RX 580 8GB Dual fan. Black and red edition.
  • RAM: 3200mhz 16gb (2x8gb) C17
  • SSD: 128gb M.2
  • HDD: 1TB
  • Tower: Thermaltake S100 white with 1x Pre installed rear fan and tempered glass side.
  • PSU: Full 700w with PCIE
Thanks mate. That actually looks pretty good - even $1 cheaper lol. The image they have up there though doesn't make the inside look that stacked unless it's just the bare casing they're showing.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Thanks mate. That actually looks pretty good - even $1 cheaper lol. The image they have up there though doesn't make the inside look that stacked unless it's just the bare casing they're showing.

Yeah, just showing the bare case as it's not built until you order it.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Hate RGB... the only RGB I have is my RAM. Hate those PC's that look like a Civic from fast and the furious.

Wahesh

Trophy Points

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Hate RGB... the only RGB I have is my RAM. Hate those PC's that look like a Civic from fast and the furious.

I have a PC full of windows decked out with RGB. Ended up putting it all on low red and forgot it exists.

I do have a set of Logitech Lightsync speakers though, and a logitech RGB mouse and RGB keyboard which I sync up. Basically set them all to match the colours of what is happening on the monitor. Adds a nice effect to games especially when you're playing something like Doom and the whole room turns red.

Wahesh

Trophy Points

I have a PC full of windows decked out with RGB. Ended up putting it all on low red and forgot it exists.

I do have a set of Logitech Lightsync speakers though, and a logitech RGB mouse and RGB keyboard which I sync up. Basically set them all to match the colours of what is happening on the monitor. Adds a nice effect to games especially when you're playing something like Doom and the whole room turns red.
Well to be honest that one looks a bit more specked up so might go with it. Don't really care about the RGB, however all the computers I've owned have been boring, either black or white with no life to them. I did have a keyboard which I bought from China though, it was available to be backlit either blue or red (not both) and I had an RGB mouse which was ok, but I prefer everything to be wireless these days.

Is there a way to turn RGB off on these computers?

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Well to be honest that one looks a bit more specked up so might go with it. Don't really care about the RGB, however all the computers I've owned have been boring, either black or white with no life to them. I did have a keyboard which I bought from China though, it was available to be backlit either blue or red (not both) and I had an RGB mouse which was ok, but I prefer everything to be wireless these days.

Is there a way to turn RGB off on these computers?

Usually, but it depends how it's connected. Often you can just do it through software if it's a motherboard control. Other times you just have to unplug the RGB header from the fan to the motherboard/power supply. Other times you have to actually cut a certain cable.

Trophy Points
Sorry @Wahesh been a bit snowed under last few days (and even today).

Rather than think about how much it costs, think about longevity and cost over years of ownership.

www.jw.com.au, and www.mwave.com.au are the places I normally use for parts (albeit normally I build myself - and I have personally built close to (if not over) 1000 customer computers after well over a decade in IT). Looks like ARC Computers in Silverwater might be gone (they were another good one).

Both JW and Mwave do prebuild Gaming PCs as well. Never heard of TitanTechIT, but there are so many IT companies out there building PCs these days, its impossible to keep up.

Parts availability with Covid could be tricky these days too.

If you have older games you want to be playing, you will probably still need an optical drive, but not all cases allow for them to be installed these days.

Both those links above are using 128GB Hard Drives. That's tiny, and then you are relying on standard mechanical hard drives. Also some of those brands I've never heard of before.

Watercooling - I've never trusted.

If I was building a gaming PC today this is what I'd be focussing on:
- 1 × Mwave Custom PC Assembly and Testing Service SKU# AB47402
- 1 × ASUS BC-12D2HT 12X Blu-Ray Combo Optical Drive SKU# AB84797
(for playing legacy games that are only on optical media)
- 1 × Windows 10 Home 64-bit OEM DVD SKU# AB64973
(no point wasting money on W10 Pro).
- 1 × Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 Windforce OC 4GB Video Card SKU# AC23110
(decent video card for modern day games).
- 1 × Corsair RM750x 750W 80 Plus V2 Gold Fully Modular Power Supp... SKU# AC34539
(decent mid range PSU with heatsinks and solid caps in places to resolve any heat issues).
- 1 × Intel 660p 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D2 SSD SSDPEKNW010T8X1 SKU# AC16900
(decent 1TB SSD). No additional HDD added as single drives (mechanical or secondary SSD) are a single point of failure anyway.
- 1 × Crucial Ballistix 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz Memory - Black SKU# AC34229
(16GB of RAM and decent stuff with heat shield).
- 1 × Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO LGA 1200 Micro-ATX Motherboard SKU# AC35237
(feature backed board with decent cooling for M2, and mosfets, solid caps, decent onboard LAN controller, and large featureset).
- 1 × Intel Core i5 10400F Hexa Core LGA 1200 2.90GHz CPU Processo... SKU# AC34467
(solid processor without built in graphics).
- 1 × be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Case - ... SKU# AC21272
(well built and solid case, with noise dampening, built in fan speed controller, no RGB crap, and tempered glass window as well as optical drive slot).
$2035 w 2YR RTB Warranty + Manufacturers Warranty on other parts.

Excessive and continually high temperature or parts wearing out is generally was decreases a computers longevity. Resolve those and give yourself a decent platform and you are sweet as.