• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo and PC Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
You see the thing is as I'm only going to use it for older games, I'm not really thinking about using it for the future. The only game I really can think of playing in the future is the Hitman games which don't seem to be too demanding.

Does that one ^ have a bluray DVD player/burner, because if I'm to buy a newer game it'll likely be either that or like 6 regular DVD's to install lol.
Yep Bluray Reader / DVD Burner Combo.

I have a lot on Steam, but some games you still need disc based media for (older ones).

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Yep, believe it or not, never played it. I thought that I'd wait to get a better rig so it performs well as well as wait for the price to come down. So it looks like that time is upon us. What extras to the 2 DLC's include?

You're literally the only person I know that's never played GTA V. Haha.

The DLCs were with GTA IV. It was The Lost and Damned (biker story) and The Balled of Gay Tony. Both were awesome and both are good enough to be their own games alone. Rockstar knew how to make DLC back in the day and not shitty online shit that resembles Saints Row.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
You're literally the only person I know that's never played GTA V. Haha.

The DLCs were with GTA IV. It was The Lost and Damned (biker story) and The Balled of Gay Tony. Both were awesome and both are good enough to be their own games alone. Rockstar knew how to make DLC back in the day and not shitty online shit that resembles Saints Row.
I know I know, being a PC gamer meant that I couldn’t get it right away then in order to play it properly I needed a new rig - that time has now come. But there’s no way I’m paying $45 for a 7 year old game lol.

@Hacky McAxe and @spiritofaslan I’m thinking of going with the computer that Hacky suggested but just get them to add a bluray burner (if they’ll do it).

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I know I know, being a PC gamer meant that I couldn’t get it right away then in order to play it properly I needed a new rig - that time has now come. But there’s no way I’m paying $45 for a 7 year old game lol.

@Hacky McAxe and @spiritofaslan I’m thinking of going with the computer that Hacky suggested but just get them to add a bluray burner (if they’ll do it).

May need to use a different computer case. Many computer cases now days aren't designed for bluray drives. Unless you get an external one.

I would suggest avoiding a bluray drive unless you're planning to watch blurays on your computer. An internal bluray drive is about $100. External one is around $150. Better off getting an external DVD drive for around $30.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I have GTA V on PS3, PS4, Rockstar Store (PC) and Epic Games Store (PC)

Originally bought it on PS3 and never got around to playing it. Then picked it up on PS4 and got pretty far in it. Then got it cheap on Rockstar Store and grinded through it. Then it was free on Epic Games store so I had to pick it up.

It's funny that many avoided picking it up 'cause they believe it's full of Chinese spyware. The evidence for that is a random guy posting on Reddit saying it's full of Chinese spyware. And people believed him.

Meanwhile anti-virus companies went right through it and couldn't find any evidence of spyware (but there was some other issues when it was first released)

But it's people's loss if they don't want free Epic games.

Side note, you can get GTA V pretty cheap at cdkeys website. Also at some other key websites but I generally use cdkeys as I know that their keys are legit unlike many other key websites.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
From the Ubisoft conference this morning

Watchdogs Legion is looking pretty excellent

Assassins Creed: Stabby Vikings lets you dual wield shields

And Far Cry is Far Cry

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Wasn't the original Watch Dogs a letdown (after being built up to be huge)? I mean the trailers always make games look great, then only a certain number of them live up to expectation.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
@K E finally, I started playing Saints Row 3 again last night. It's been a good 6-7 years since I played it. FUDGKIN AWESOME. You forget how great some games are when you haven't played them in so long. Man that first mission holding up the bank... right from the start the game is great.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Wasn't the original Watch Dogs a letdown (after being built up to be huge)? I mean the trailers always make games look great, then only a certain number of them live up to expectation.

Yep. The original was alright but not great. And it's famous for selling a whole bunch of promises that never showed up in the game.

The second one was pretty good though.

Nutboy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
From the Ubisoft conference this morning

Watchdogs Legion is looking pretty excellent

Assassins Creed: Stabby Vikings lets you dual wield shields

And Far Cry is Far Cry

AC looks really underwhelming.

Trophy Points
It's a sad realisation to come to, but our mouse trap in 2 years has more kills (4), than I have in several years of playing Battlefield on Xbox.

:ROFLMAO:

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Neither. Computers generally don't have DVD/Bluray now days as physical medium is becoming a thing of the past. Any physical PC game you buy now days doesn't coming with a disk. Just a code to download the game.

You can buy external USB Bluray drives though. That's what I do. Just plug it in when you need it then put it away when you don't.

BTW, look on the Rockstar store or steam for GTA V.

Hacky, picked this one up in the office today. There were 2 of them lying around the people don't use anymore. We've got an external vendor now doing a lot of digitising of files uploading them on Box, so we don't need these. I got one and left the other in my desk just in case. Pretty handy to have. No point in getting a BluRay player I suppose.

1594891092735.png

Last edited:

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
So @K E are you getting a PS5? ;)

Dude, fuck no. Rockstar are the new EA. Greedy, lazy cunts.

Anyone who has GTA on the PC has no need for the console version. Have you seen the FREE mods available on the PC? Already looks a trillion times better than anything the PC wannabe churns out.

And this is exactly why GTA VI won't be out until 2096. Same fucking game over 3 generations.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Dude, fuck no. Rockstar are the new EA. Greedy, lazy cunts.

Anyone who has GTA on the PC has no need for the console version. Have you seen the FREE mods available on the PC? Already looks a trillion times better than anything the PC wannabe churns out.

And this is exactly why GTA VI won't be out until 2096. Same fucking game over 3 generations.
I never looked at it that way. I actually thought you and @ASSASSIN had all the consoles lol. But yep, I'm with you there, 100% PC gamer here.