• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

WWE SD/RAW/NXT - House Show Discussion (possible spoilers).

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Watching another recent RAW. Shayna Baszler decking Banks. Seems like a title challenge is coming and finally I might get behind Baszler. Speaking of which, head aside she's got a pretty decent body on her.

It doesn't matter how fake wrestling is, the legit injuries that some of them face when performing can be very tough to watch. Very very tough to watch.
Absolutely ... and it clearly can happen.

Mustafa Ali copped bruised ribs the other week from his Lashley match.
Dominic Mysterio has lacerations all over him froma kendo stick beatdown recently.

So amongst the kayfabe there are definitely some serious injuries wrestlers get (botch or no botch). I think they are taking things quite seriously with concussion these days.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Watching another recent RAW. Shayna Baszler decking Banks. Seems like a title challenge is coming and finally I might get behind Baszler. Speaking of which, head aside she's got a pretty decent body on her.

Absolutely ... and it clearly can happen.

Mustafa Ali copped bruised ribs the other week from his Lashley match.
Dominic Mysterio has lacerations all over him froma kendo stick beatdown recently.

So amongst the kayfabe there are definitely some serious injuries wrestlers get (botch or no botch). I think they are taking things quite seriously with concussion these days.
I remember when Seth Rollins was banned from doing the Curb Stomp due to concussions. Well at least they've relaxed that in recent years.

Trophy Points
I remember when Seth Rollins was banned from doing the Curb Stomp due to concussions. Well at least they've relaxed that in recent years.
Yeah because he botched a few of them. I'm amazed they allow both that and Ortons "punt" kick to the head. It's sending a bad message.

Recent(ish) RAW though... LIZ IS BACK!!! 😜 Looks like the Riot Squad are reforming.

I'm up to the episode Underground is introduced, but not that far in yet.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Yeah because he botched a few of them. I'm amazed they allow both that and Ortons "punt" kick to the head. It's sending a bad message.

Recent(ish) RAW though... LIZ IS BACK!!! 😜 Looks like the Riot Squad are reforming.

I'm up to the episode Underground is introduced, but not that far in yet.
I'm not sure what on Earth the point was of breaking up the Riot Squad to begin with noq. I think they're better with Liv in them, but I was hoping that Liv would be getting a singles push. Perhaps it was just a way to turn them face.

Just on her match with Peyton, look, honestly Peyton is damn good wrestler, she utilises her long legs and kicks well so that works for her. I think it' time the IIconics break up for 2 reasons:
  1. For both of them to drop their dopey personality act
  2. To give them both pushes in the singles ranks (perhaps even title shots), then reunite them as faces.
On the plus side for the women's division... my favorite is back... Mickie James :cool:

Trophy Points
Never seen Mickie James.. I fell asleep watching the second most recent RAW last night (the one where they introduce Underground). Still not 100% on what the Underground idea is.. seems pointless almost.

If they want to do something, allow full contact with head gear and protection.

Speaking of comebacks Velveteen Dream is back too!
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/08/the-velveteen-dream-returns-to-wwe-nxt-673477/

Police are looking to charge people over the false rumours made against him. Almost ruined the guys career!

Totally agree re Iiconics. Saw Billie Kay outside of her Iiconics get up the other day and she looks hugely different in a good way!

Also I totally didn't realise Nia Jax is Australian. Born in Sydney!

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Also I totally didn't realise Nia Jax is Australian. Born in Sydney!
Nia Jax is a rats arse. She doesn't identify as being Australian, but rather American (billed from San Diego, California). She's also part of the huge Samoan wrestling family and is related to wrestlers such as the Usos, Roman Reigns, and The Rock. BUT... she's unAustralia.

Trophy Points
Hey Wahesh,

I was always under the impression Banks and Bayley were both signed / drafted to Smackdown (FOX). In which case how / why in the world would they give Banks the RAW Womans Championship?

I suspect both are dropping titles at SummerSlam due to fan pressure and potentially to rework their characters since Lacey Evans has turned heel.

Also Velveteen Dream cleared. Investigated and found nothing (and many of the accusers deleted their Twitter accounts when police were brought in.

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/...-nxt-tv-says-absence-was-due-to-car-accident/

Levesque revealed that the reason for Clark's lengthy absence from NXT programming was a June 26 car accident. Clark was hospitalized following the accident, but it is unknown what injuries he may have suffered.

However, Levesque also noted that WWE did look into the aforementioned allegations and "didn't find anything."

"You know, in this day today, accusations are made and you take them all very seriously," Levesque said. "You look into them the best you can, and you find out what is there and what isn't. In this situation, [Clark] was also involved in a car accident. That's what took him off TV. In the moment, all this other stuff happens and you look into it and you find that there is a situation that people bring to everyone's attention, you look into it and find that it is what it is and there's nothing there. Everything that we have done, we are comfortable with him continuing to do what he does and everything else. But he had a car accident. It stemmed down to people thought we removed him from TV for different reasons. We didn't. He was in a car accident. Once he was medically cleared to be able to return to the ring from his car accident, we continued forward the way we did. We looked into what was there and we didn't find anything."

While many of those who levied accusations at Clark are no longer on social media, others remain.

Clark is next scheduled to fight Finn Balor on Wednesday with the winner getting a featured spot on Saturday's NXT TakeOver: XXX event.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Hey Wahesh,

I was always under the impression Banks and Bayley were both signed / drafted to Smackdown (FOX). In which case how / why in the world would they give Banks the RAW Womans Championship?

I suspect both are dropping titles at SummerSlam due to fan pressure and potentially to rework their characters since Lacey Evans has turned heel.

Also Velveteen Dream cleared. Investigated and found nothing (and many of the accusers deleted their Twitter accounts when police were brought in.

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/...-nxt-tv-says-absence-was-due-to-car-accident/

Levesque revealed that the reason for Clark's lengthy absence from NXT programming was a June 26 car accident. Clark was hospitalized following the accident, but it is unknown what injuries he may have suffered.

However, Levesque also noted that WWE did look into the aforementioned allegations and "didn't find anything."

"You know, in this day today, accusations are made and you take them all very seriously," Levesque said. "You look into them the best you can, and you find out what is there and what isn't. In this situation, [Clark] was also involved in a car accident. That's what took him off TV. In the moment, all this other stuff happens and you look into it and you find that there is a situation that people bring to everyone's attention, you look into it and find that it is what it is and there's nothing there. Everything that we have done, we are comfortable with him continuing to do what he does and everything else. But he had a car accident. It stemmed down to people thought we removed him from TV for different reasons. We didn't. He was in a car accident. Once he was medically cleared to be able to return to the ring from his car accident, we continued forward the way we did. We looked into what was there and we didn't find anything."

While many of those who levied accusations at Clark are no longer on social media, others remain.

Clark is next scheduled to fight Finn Balor on Wednesday with the winner getting a featured spot on Saturday's NXT TakeOver: XXX event.
You're right, they were both drafted to Smackdown. Now for some reason (and I think this had something to do with Covid-19 and every show coming from the same venue), they were appearing on both shows. Bayley has a right to be SD women's champion as she's signed to SD, however I think what's given them a pass to go on Raw is that they are feuding with women's tag teams from that brand as well as the women's TT championship is cross-brand, however for some stupid idiotic reason they gave Sasha the Raw title as well. So I'm guessing that it'll come to a head sometime soon, they'll loose the titles individually, then loose the TT titles and turn on each other and ignite a feud. You can see this coming, it's just a matter of when.

Trophy Points
Also Retribution... I reckon their sole purpose is they are they storyline they'll use for why Smackdown and RAW have changed venues (which they will do starting from Summerslam I believe.

RAW, Smackdown and all PPV events will be at the Amway Centre, and NXT still at Full Sail University.

Trophy Points
OMFG .... this WWE virtual crowd thing they have brought in (for both Summerslam and 205 Live it appears) is the most distracting clusterfuck I've ever seen.

It's like having hundreds of tiny tv screens in the background when trying to watch.... fuck its annoying.

Trophy Points
LMFAO ... it was bound to happen (and no doubt will continue to happen).

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...yed-ku-klux-klan-imagery-during-raw-broadcast

Guaranteed to be used to post stuff like that up and I doubt they cant control it. Apparently its already on delay LOL.

I've still got the latest RAW, NXT/SD before Summerslam to watch, but from what I've read it's a complete mess and highly distracting.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Concept was good for WWE but man that was a poor delivery. What's stopping a woman from flashing? Or someone flipping the bird lol.

Trophy Points
Concept was good for WWE but man that was a poor delivery. What's stopping a woman from flashing? Or someone flipping the bird lol.
Someone apparentely already showed a beheading video, and another showed Chris Benoits video footage.

I personally think it'll get pulled. I can understand they want to do it to get money in, but most of what I've read is people saying they'll switch off if it continues because its highly distracting.

Trophy Points
I'm finally up to the last Smackdown before Summerslam.... by time I get through that Payback should be out.

On another note Ridge Holland is the very definition of "a brick shithouse".

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I'm finally up to the last Smackdown before Summerslam.... by time I get through that Payback should be out.

On another note Ridge Holland is the very definition of "a brick shithouse".
I haven’t been watching much SD at all, but what I’m finding which goes across both brands is that the feuds they have are running very long and repetitive across multiple ppv’s, but you might think that SummerSlam might be a turning point (won’t spoil it for you though).

Trophy Points
Yeah like Retribution storyline (which I thought was being used as an excuse to swap venues as they never appeared on NXT), still flogging it was no progression.

I suspect much of what happened at Summerslam will be reversed (or increased upon) with Payback this weekend. I'm half an episode from watching Summerslam now.

Dunno what the deall is with everyone turning heel though:
Roman Reigns - Heel
Braun Strowman - Heel
Kalisto - Heel

and yet apparently they are changing Bray Wyatt to babyface. WTF!?!!?!

What next ... Drew McIntyre Heel?

Trophy Points
Got me thinking ... with Sonya Deville now out (remember its only her NOT Daria who is out), there are ways to bring her back (maybe she'll return in a completely different role). Her solicitor advised her not to cut her hair for the upcoming legal case against the stalker.

Anyway I'm wondering if Otis can give Mandy the Money in the Bank suitcase (afterall theres stuff all being done with it), and have her challenge and beat Bayley for the Smackdown Womans Title. Then "the Golden Goddess" would finally have gold.

In other WWE news, a good interview with Renee Young leaving WWE and future career goals: https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-news/renee-young-wwe-aew-covid-leave/

and AOP being released by WWE (not suprised as they are out long term and their storylines were dead now): https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-news/wwe-news/aop-released-from-wwe/