• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

What's eating?

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I tried my hand at hamburgers for the first time last week - the patty that is. The Mrs basically added all the ingredients and spices in and I mashed them together and created the patty. It was pretty good I must admit.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I tried my hand at hamburgers for the first time last week - the patty that is. The Mrs basically added all the ingredients and spices in and I mashed them together and created the patty. It was pretty good I must admit.

What spices did you run bro? Nothing better than making things from scratch (when they turn out well)

Trophy Points
That's about my level of kitchen expertise as well. :D

Wahesh

Trophy Points
What spices did you run bro? Nothing better than making things from scratch (when they turn out well)
We put garlic, onions, parsley, and mushrooms, and dash of Worcestershire sauce that was absorbed within the meat. Then once it was cooked, on the patty itself I put some BBQ sauce. It went down well :)

Wahesh

Trophy Points
In fact while we're on the subject of burgers, I got one on Monday night from a place in Panania called Chicken Wizard. The one I got was called the "Works" burger. The thing was so damn big, it reminded me of the old school Big Macs that they used to have a Maccas.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
We put garlic, onions, parsley, and mushrooms, and dash of Worcestershire sauce that was absorbed within the meat. Then once it was cooked, on the patty itself I put some BBQ sauce. It went down well :)

Sounds awesome man, just needs some chilli ;)

Sleeky

Squad Member
Trophy Points
In fact while we're on the subject of burgers, I got one on Monday night from a place in Panania called Chicken Wizard. The one I got was called the "Works" burger. The thing was so damn big, it reminded me of the old school Big Macs that they used to have a Maccas.
Good old Chicken Wizard. That place used to have the bomb Portuguese Chicken burgers. Sad to say it’s gone downhill

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Panania has always provided when it comes to food joints.. even when I lived there 2 decades ago there was Ocean Master at the station entrance, as well as a quality burger joint

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Good old Chicken Wizard. That place used to have the bomb Portuguese Chicken burgers. Sad to say it’s gone downhill
Definitely not as good as it used to be, but still pretty damn good. The burger + chips was enough to fill me up.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Panania has always provided when it comes to food joints.. even when I lived there 2 decades ago there was Ocean Master at the station entrance, as well as a quality burger joint
They've got a few good eateries around further east of the main shopping area as well. Just around the corner from Chicken Wizard, there's a good Asian shop, and a nice Thai joint right next to Crust Pizza - Crust Pizza I might add is also awesome. Closer to the station they've got a few good restaurants and cafe's - one of them makes Toby's Estate coffee which is my personal favorite.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That's one thing I miss about living in Sydney is that you can go to any area and generally find good food options, particularly in the Bankstown area!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I just something that was so amazingly sickening that I will only have it once - Double shot Coffee Frappe from Macca's.... Should be illegal lol

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I just something that was so amazingly sickening that I will only have it once - Double shot Coffee Frappe from Macca's.... Should be illegal lol
It sounds bad lol. I remember this chick I was catching up with once bought a drink from Gloria Jeans called "Irish Nut" - this was over 10 years ago - and I never even knew what it was lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It sounds bad lol. I remember this chick I was catching up with once bought a drink from Gloria Jeans called "Irish Nut" - this was over 10 years ago - and I never even knew what it was lol.

Lol they are awesome drinks but so damn fattening.. definitely something to be had sparingly

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Goodness me, steak pies are great.

I think in May every year there is a steak festival that happens in the Southern Highlands somewhere - either Mittagong or Bowral - and they have the best pies in the country. I might head down there next year if things ease up in terms of travel etc.

Last edited: