• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

What's eating?

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Yeah that's a bit weird.. that would put me off I reckon.. I like to be in the moment when I have a fat feed, not eating some and then having the rest come out during or after.
Well the thing is you usually get everything in one hit when you have pub food. Typical sides of chips and salad come with the meal - not separately. Also being a fast eater I like to smash everything while I'm hungry lol.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
High fibre, low GI thick cut toasted bread, mashed avo seasoned with pepper, sliced tomato on top seasoned with salt.
Decent way to start the day if prepared by yourself to save about $300!
Sheesh restaurants pricing has gone nuts!

Wahesh

Trophy Points
High fibre, low GI thick cut toasted bread, mashed avo seasoned with pepper, sliced tomato on top seasoned with salt.
Decent way to start the day if prepared by yourself to save about $300!
Sheesh restaurants pricing has gone nuts!
Yeah we've really cut back on eating out lately.

We had homemade burgers for lunch yesterday. We had toasted Burgen Soy-Lin toast rather than buns. Pretty small but bloody delicious.

1699832280166.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I just bought this medium chips and dead set I reckon I could feed a small family with it. Lol.

20231115_145114.jpg

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
4x eggs scrambled and seasoned with pepper to flavour.
Plate so below can be cooked separately.
5x vine-ripened cocktail tomatoes quartered and fried in a pan.
2x cloves of diced garlic added to above when they're cooked down to near puree level.
Add scrambled eggs after a minute and thoroughly mix.
Plate.
2x stems of shallots roughly cut mixed into plated food.
1x sliced avocado on top.
Add sauce according to taste.

Nice Sunday hot breakfast.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I had 2 kiddies birthday parties on the weekend.

And I bought a pizza on the way home from work on Thursday for dinner, so here's a quick summary of the main meals over the last 4 days.

Thursday dinner - Ppzza from Crust
Friday lunch - leftover pizza from Crust
Saturday lunch - kiddies birthday party 1 - pizza
Sunday lunch - kiddies birthday party 2 - pizza

As good as pizza sounds 4 days in a row, believe me, it's not good.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Haha. Yea you always have to be thinking ahead when it comes to anything kid related because there's always going to be fast/easy foods and sweets.. been there! I feel rank as anything if I eat a lot of gluten over a few days.

Last edited:

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yesss I've found it. If this is not what Hungry Jacks use for their spicy sauce, it's as close to it as you can get.

20231216_122249.jpg

Wahesh

Trophy Points
We went to lunch on Sunday to a place near the old Liverpool industrial estate. It's all residential now with apartments, but they did up this old place the The Paper Mill - and it's exactly as it sounds... it was an old paper mill.

https://thepapermillliverpool.com.au/the-paper-mill-food/

So we decided to have lunch, and my goodness did they knock it out of the park. We both ordered a 3 course meal and drink - it came to $115. Now for fine dining, that's pretty cheap. The food was so good, I highly recommend.

They are an open-plan area with 4 different eateries. Just pick what you want and enjoy. We were at Firepit which is probably the most expensive, but it was worth it.

1702942134672.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
We went to lunch on Sunday to a place near the old Liverpool industrial estate. It's all residential now with apartments, but they did up this old place the The Paper Mill - and it's exactly as it sounds... it was an old paper mill.

https://thepapermillliverpool.com.au/the-paper-mill-food/

So we decided to have lunch, and my goodness did they knock it out of the park. We both ordered a 3 course meal and drink - it came to $115. Now for fine dining, that's pretty cheap. The food was so good, I highly recommend.

They are an open-plan area with 4 different eateries. Just pick what you want and enjoy. We were at Firepit which is probably the most expensive, but it was worth it.

View attachment 2602

That's really cool. Seems like a pretty common theme of converting old mills into restaurants and the likes.. When I last lived in Sydney I used to go to the Grounds of Alexandria every now and then.. it had more open areas but also had converted mill type buildings... they had a grocer there, restaurants, and even like an animal stall section for families. And yeah $115 is a really good price for gourmet/fine dining.. not that I'm expert lol but comparing to regular restaurants.