• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

What's eating?

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Does anybody buy Coles eggs? swear they taste weird lately.. not the best aftertaste either.
I haven't had them in a while bro. I prefer the Woolies brand, and always 700g free range.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I haven't had them in a while bro. I prefer the Woolies brand, and always 700g free range.

Coles budget meat and eggs have gone downhill. I don't buy a lot of red meat and eggs so it's not a big deal but will have to start buying that stuff from Woolies.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Coles budget meat and eggs have gone downhill. I don't buy a lot of red meat and eggs so it's not a big deal but will have to start buying that stuff from Woolies.
I usually gets the mince from Woolies but other things such as selected steak and chops will get from the butcher.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I usually gets the mince from Woolies but other things such as selected steak and chops will get from the butcher.

I need to start eating more red meat.. I only tend to have red meat when I go out but there's a popular butcher down the road from me which I still haven't checked out despite having lived at my current place for 6 months.

Woolies actually used to do a really nice peppered roast but for some stupid reason they stopped selling it. I was devo man it was something I bought quite often.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I need to start eating more red meat.. I only tend to have red meat when I go out but there's a popular butcher down the road from me which I still haven't checked out despite having lived at my current place for 6 months.

Woolies actually used to do a really nice peppered roast but for some stupid reason they stopped selling it. I was devo man it was something I bought quite often.
Yeah I hate it when a food you're used to eating is without warning, stopped. I love to have a good steak with Mushroom sauce - can't get enough of that stuff.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah I hate it when a food you're used to eating is without warning, stopped. I love to have a good steak with Mushroom sauce - can't get enough of that stuff.

Yeah it sucks man, particularly when you find a good roast because those bad boys ain't cheap and I don't want to waste a lot of money trying to find another gooden. Mushroom sauce is the best.. I noticed Coles have their own mushroom sauce now... not too sure if it would be any good though..

3729408.jpeg

Trophy Points
On the topic of "shit food" a few weeks back now (whilst on special), wifey and I decided to try those Wicked Sister (ex Bulldogs sponsor) Sundaes that Coles sell. Honestly they are pretty shit. Not worth $2.75 each, let alone $3.80 full price.

On the flipside though, Aldi sell a Salted Caramel desert (normally in with their tiramisu/yoghurts), and it's absolutely freak delicious AND $1.99 for 2!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That might be why, battery hens eggs can vary greatly compared to free range.

Funny I was only reading about the differences the other day :)

Yeah, sometimes you can really taste a distinct corn flavour in certain foods... Coles eggs have always tasted the same to me but they must have changed or added something to their feed.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Sounds nice. Is it any good? Also is it chili?

Not as good as restaurant Japanese/katsu curry as you could imagine but still very nice. And yeah it's pretty hot.. I add chilli from the garden to the rice to kick it up another gear.

I got that pack from an Asian supermarket that opened at the Westfield near me as I have only seen the mild and medium varieties at Coles&Food Fo.. I mean Woolworths ;)

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Not as good as restaurant Japanese/katsu curry as you could imagine but still very nice. And yeah it's pretty hot.. I add chilli from the garden to the rice to kick it up another gear.

I got that pack from an Asian supermarket that opened at the Westfield near me as I have only seen the mild and medium varieties at Coles&Food Fo.. I mean Woolworths ;)
It sounds good. I mean I've never had Japanese curry before but the chili makes it sound good.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It sounds good. I mean I've never had Japanese curry before but the chili makes it sound good.

If you like curry there's a good chance you'd like Japanese curry. It's rich but delicious. Katsu is on every Japanese restaurant menu and is a variation of Japanese curry with chicken cutlet. So good

Trophy Points
EXTRA HOT!!
My anus would be like = :cry:😭😭😭🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Wifey is out of town at the moment (sadly her grandmother took ill and passed away this evening), so I'm having to learn to cook.

I don't know how I manage it, but I cooked nachos without a problem. Cooked chicken breast without a problem. Go to cook 2 pork burgers and set the smoke alarms off at 10PM of a night. :LOL::LOL: