• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

What's eating?

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
EXTRA HOT!!
My anus would be like = :cry:😭😭😭🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Wifey is out of town at the moment (sadly her grandmother took ill and passed away this evening), so I'm having to learn to cook.

I don't know how I manage it, but I cooked nachos without a problem. Cooked chicken breast without a problem. Go to cook 2 pork burgers and set the smoke alarms off at 10PM of a night. :LOL::LOL:

I often find with spicy food that ingredients are a factor, like anything packed with insoluble fibre eg beans will be a rough time lol.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
If you like curry there's a good chance you'd like Japanese curry. It's rich but delicious. Katsu is on every Japanese restaurant menu and is a variation of Japanese curry with chicken cutlet. So good
You were right. I tried Jap Curry on Friday for lunch while I was on the CBD and loved it. It had the normal curry sauce plus some veggies in the sauce as well as fried chicken. I don't eat fried chicken too much but it seems to be the way which many Japanese meals are prepped.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
EXTRA HOT!!
My anus would be like = :cry:😭😭😭🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Wifey is out of town at the moment (sadly her grandmother took ill and passed away this evening), so I'm having to learn to cook.

I don't know how I manage it, but I cooked nachos without a problem. Cooked chicken breast without a problem. Go to cook 2 pork burgers and set the smoke alarms off at 10PM of a night. :LOL::LOL:
Condolences regarding grandmother-in-law mate - sorry to hear that.

Wifey is a food-tech teacher so she can cook quite a fair bit but is getting me to cook as well - or at least prep (which I don't mind), but I let her take care of the Mexican meals because they're her favorite and I don't want to stuff that up lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
You were right. I tried Jap Curry on Friday for lunch while I was on the CBD and loved it. It had the normal curry sauce plus some veggies in the sauce as well as fried chicken. I don't eat fried chicken too much but it seems to be the way which many Japanese meals are prepped.

Yeah I try not to eat too much fried food but love me a Katsu.. at East Gardens the Japanese joint there give you a tub of Kewpie with your meal, it's a killer combo

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Yeah I try not to eat too much fried food but love me a Katsu.. at East Gardens the Japanese joint there give you a tub of Kewpie with your meal, it's a killer combo
Same man - once a month max for friend chicken and even then I'll only have a small amount. My cousin's fiance is Korean and she makes really good Korean friend chicken, so I'd like to try it but I'm sure I'll only have a little lol.

There's this YouTube channel that I watch where the guy in Japanese travels the country trialing and reviewing food - and he gets the best places and many of them you wouldn't think are that crash hot: https://www.youtube.com/c/IWillAlwaysTravelforFood/videos

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Same man - once a month max for friend chicken and even then I'll only have a small amount. My cousin's fiance is Korean and she makes really good Korean friend chicken, so I'd like to try it but I'm sure I'll only have a little lol.

There's this YouTube channel that I watch where the guy in Japanese travels the country trialing and reviewing food - and he gets the best places and many of them you wouldn't think are that crash hot: https://www.youtube.com/c/IWillAlwaysTravelforFood/videos

I'd be having a little ..too much haha.. love any type of Asian style fried chicken.

Far out looks like some awesome food on there.. I love those little nooks that produce the goods, like Hong Ha rolls in Mascot, absolutely to die for. I've heard Japan is epic for eating out.

Trophy Points
I'm having to cook since wifey is still away, but managing using the fry pan and/or BBQ. Just simple stuff like burgers, nachos, bbq chickens, etc.

Might try and get a cheap pie or quiche next week for something different.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Anything with noodles, pasta or rice is always pretty simple I've found, just add the meat vegetables and sauce, good to go! Mmm nachos.. do you run it with the beans?

Trophy Points
Anything with noodles, pasta or rice is always pretty simple I've found, just add the meat vegetables and sauce, good to go! Mmm nachos.. do you run it with the beans?
Just found out last night why I keep setting smoke alarm off when frying stuff in the pan. I'm using the wrong oil with a low smoking point. Too much oil + low smoking point = room of smokey oil!

Nachos without beans is like tacos without meat!

Corn chips, salsa, beef mince, seasoning, black beans, tomato puree, and cheese!

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I'd be having a little ..too much haha.. love any type of Asian style fried chicken.

Far out looks like some awesome food on there.. I love those little nooks that produce the goods, like Hong Ha rolls in Mascot, absolutely to die for. I've heard Japan is epic for eating out.
Agreed mate. I tell you who I feel sorry for… those tourists (probably the Americans more than anything) who go to these eastern countries and look for American franchises like McDonalds and KFC rather than trying something else.

As they say, when in Rome, do what the Romans do.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Just found out last night why I keep setting smoke alarm off when frying stuff in the pan. I'm using the wrong oil with a low smoking point. Too much oil + low smoking point = room of smokey oil!

Nachos without beans is like tacos without meat!

Corn chips, salsa, beef mince, seasoning, black beans, tomato puree, and cheese!

pans that aren't cleaned properly can be troublesome too.

Haha true that.. I know some people who don't eat beans because of the aftermath, but I think it's all about getting the ratio right.

Oh yeah! jalapeños for the heat lovers

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Just replaced all our pots and pans with Scanpan Axis series.
Noticed the difference cooking, yet before that, I noticed a difference using extra virgin coconut oil when cooking for myself and Cockatoo Grove olive oil when cooking for my mother.
Good thing about CG olive oil is Aussie made and owned iirc and Choice recommended above all others.
Only Woolies carries it though.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I went to the Leagues club for lunch this arvo. I saw and said hello to Lamb and Gus. I saw Barry Ward too but almost didn't recognise him - he's lost so much weight.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I went to the Leagues club for lunch this arvo. I saw and said hello to Lamb and Gus. I saw Barry Ward too but almost didn't recognise him - he's lost so much weight.

I went to high school with a relative of Barry, and he had a brother who was meant to be a pretty good player for The Entrance Tigers.

I've heard the food there is good, I've never been.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I went to high school with a relative of Barry, and he had a brother who was meant to be a pretty good player for The Entrance Tigers.

I've heard the food there is good, I've never been.
Oh dude next time you're down in Sydney head to the Dynasty - best Chinese restaurant in Sydney and reasonably priced.

A memory I have of Barry is in the game against Parra in 2001 he came off the bench in first half. 3 Eels players tried to tackle him and they bounced off him one by one lol. The game ended 20 - 20 - it was GF worthy.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Oh dude next time you're down in Sydney head to the Dynasty - best Chinese restaurant in Sydney and reasonably priced.

A memory I have of Barry is in the game against Parra in 2001 he came off the bench in first half. 3 Eels players tried to tackle him and they bounced off him one by one lol. The game ended 20 - 20 - it was GF worthy.

Will do.

I can't remember much of him playing myself but man I miss the Parra games when both teams were up the top.. in saying that the win a fortnight ago was one of my favourite games given where we sit and the year that's been.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Will do.

I can't remember much of him playing myself but man I miss the Parra games when both teams were up the top.. in saying that the win a fortnight ago was one of my favourite games given where we sit and the year that's been.
Agree. I don't know what Mick Potter's done but he's certainly done something. I reckon a real test will be when we're up against a consistent team, but so far I'm happy with what he's produced.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Have you tried that yet bro? It looks good - and it's oven bake too so looks nice and easy. Not sure about cola sauce as I've never tried it.

Nah not yet, I opted for their regular brisket last night. Cola sauce does sound a bit weird but I'm assuming it's something common in the states.