• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

What's eating?

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I thought I'd suss out Aldi's meat selection. Tonight I cooked meat balls... they were really nice hey.. really clean meat and had a nice flavour.. I made a pasta bake with the meat balls and cherry tomatoes, topped with tasty cheese. Was very nice.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I thought I'd suss out Aldi's meat selection. Tonight I cooked meat balls... they were really nice hey.. really clean meat and had a nice flavour.. I made a pasta bake with the meat balls and cherry tomatoes, topped with tasty cheese. Was very nice.
Sounds nice mate. Last night we have Lebanese Zucchini. You stuff them with mince meat serve on rice with a tomatoey sauce (similar to the below) - really nice and healthy.

1696461747006.png

Wahesh

Trophy Points
We felt like pizza last night. There are 2 really good pizzerias around here, but they charge like $30 per pizza. Now I very rarely do this, but considering we had company over for dinner last night, I went to dominos instead. 3 pizzas plus 3 sides for $35. No brainer. Plus they make bases thin and crispy (which I love as I find them more flavorful) and sometimes they make some pretty good pizzas.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
We felt like pizza last night. There are 2 really good pizzerias around here, but they charge like $30 per pizza. Now I very rarely do this, but considering we had company over for dinner last night, I went to dominos instead. 3 pizzas plus 3 sides for $35. No brainer. Plus they make bases thin and crispy (which I love as I find them more flavorful) and sometimes they make some pretty good pizzas.

If you get good service from Domino's their pizzas are good enough for hosting. I used to have issues with them and their lack of toppings, but I think they have improved. They have some good variations of their pizza's these days.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
benny-s-burger-bbq-beef-brisket-patties-4-pack-large.jpeg

I just found these bad boys at Coles. I can't say I've ever watched Stranger Things, but I do enjoy me some Brisket. I've only ever had one brisket before at Mingara club which is near my place, and it was damn good.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
View attachment 2573

I just found these bad boys at Coles. I can't say I've ever watched Stranger Things, but I do enjoy me some Brisket. I've only ever had one brisket before at Mingara club which is near my place, and it was damn good.
Let me know how they turn out - we love having briskets. If they are good we might buy a packet and have on the BBQ on a lazy dinner night sometime :)

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Let me know how they turn out - we love having briskets. If they are good we might buy a packet and have on the BBQ on a lazy dinner night sometime :)

Will do mate, was thinking of having them on the weekend but might do it sooner. I bought some Kewpie for the occasion.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
@Wahesh the verdict on the brisket patties is in: delicious! Absolutely get onto them if they're still in stock. Very juicy and tender with a great flavour.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
@Wahesh the verdict on the brisket patties is in: delicious! Absolutely get onto them if they're still in stock. Very juicy and tender with a great flavour.
Thanks a lot mate - will do. I love brisket and get it whenever I'm at a restaurant and it's on the menu, so I'll give them a go. Thanks for the recommendation :D

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Thanks a lot mate - will do. I love brisket and get it whenever I'm at a restaurant and it's on the menu, so I'll give them a go. Thanks for the recommendation :D

Have you had brisket burgers before? they're a bit different to regular brisket, but are very good. I need to to my local Coles and see if I can get some more.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Have you had brisket burgers before? they're a bit different to regular brisket, but are very good. I need to to my local Coles and see if I can get some more.
I haven't tried them in burgers before, I must admit. I just usually have them sliced or as part of a roast/meal. Generally when it comes to burgers I get wagyu beef - or some other variation of beef.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I haven't tried them in burgers before, I must admit. I just usually have them sliced or as part of a roast/meal. Generally when it comes to burgers I get wagyu beef - or some other variation of beef.

Yeah that was like me. I was looking at the menu at Mingara club and saw it so thought I'd give it a go. Flavour wise it's kinda in between brisket and a regular beef patty. You'll definitely like it. I didn't go with the BBQ sauce but instead opted for ketchup/Kewpie... so good

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Ok so yesterday Wifey and I went to Big Bunz in Malabar. It's a little gem that you could miss if you blink and you walk past it.

OH to the EM GEE!

It's a burger joint. So when you see a photo of the burger on the menu board and it looks perfect, you'd expect to get something that looks like trash. Nope - these things look EXACTLY as they do on the board, and they taste just as perfectly as you would imagine. Definitely going back sometime!

Also, a good google rating is heading there way from me :D

https://www.bigbunz.com.au/

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Had a nice New York steak at Outback Steakhouse yesterday. I hadn't had steak in a long time so I thought it was well overdue. Man it tasted so good.

The only thing I don't really understand is why they bring out the sides first rather than with the dish. I know it's an American thing but it's something I just don't understand. For instance I ordered it with chips and salad as sides, and they brought out the salad first. Salad is meant to be a pallet cleanser, not an entree lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah that's a bit weird.. that would put me off I reckon.. I like to be in the moment when I have a fat feed, not eating some and then having the rest come out during or after.