• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

What's eating?

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
can't go past the cheese/cabanossi/cracker with dip. Only I need to restrain myself when something like Jats are on the scene.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking of. Might get a few chips and pretzels etc... and throw some Coronas in the fridge too.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Anyone got any good supermarket Salmon recommendations? been trying to eat more salmon lately but the canned stuff is a bit rank.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Anyone got any good supermarket Salmon recommendations? been trying to eat more salmon lately but the canned stuff is a bit rank.
Just make sure it's Australian made from Australian salmon.
Tassal is ok, so are the other two major producers of Australian salmon.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
We had homemade souvlaki on Saturday night, wifeys friend came over. We bought the meat on the sticks already from this new souvlaki shop that opened up around the corner, then cooked them on the BBQ and added all the extras - sweet potato fries, Greek salad etc. It was quite nice. We had enough to have leftovers for dinner last night :D

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I just had another plant-based Whopper.. the patty almost has a combine beef/bacon type of flavour.. It's not as good as a regular whopper of course but it definitely gets a pass.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I just had another plant-based Whopper.. the patty almost has a combine beef/bacon type of flavour.. It's not as good as a regular whopper of course but it definitely gets a pass.
Sounds good. Is it actual meat though or a substitute for meat?

The Karolina Whopper has finished it's time (it was only for a limited time only), but I tried the Roadhouse Whopper recently and that was great too.

Ummm... sadly thought... this bloody good burger was also for a limited time and also recently finished up :cautious:

1695856276178.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Sounds good. Is it actual meat though or a substitute for meat?

The Karolina Whopper has finished it's time (it was only for a limited time only), but I tried the Roadhouse Whopper recently and that was great too.

Ummm... sadly thought... this bloody good burger was also for a limited time and also recently finished up :cautious:

View attachment 2560

yeah substitute, as is the cheese.

Ahh I had the Roadhouse Whopper a couple of months ago, absolute beast of a thing... that chicken burger looks mean too..

you've gotta appreciate that HJ's haven't gone down the tiny burger route, like McDonalds and KFC

Wahesh

Trophy Points
yeah substitute, as is the cheese.

Ahh I had the Roadhouse Whopper a couple of months ago, absolute beast of a thing... that chicken burger looks mean too..

you've gotta appreciate that HJ's haven't gone down the tiny burger route, like McDonalds and KFC
Yep - and Red Rooster. I much prefer going to a club or pub these days for a beef burger, they at least make them pretty good. Actually last Saturday wifey and I went to Leura out in the Blue Mountains for the night. The place we stayed at (Fairmont) had an internal cafe and they made an awesome burger. That's all we needed for dinner. Wifey couldn't even finish hers lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yep - and Red Rooster. I much prefer going to a club or pub these days for a beef burger, they at least make them pretty good. Actually last Saturday wifey and I went to Leura out in the Blue Mountains for the night. The place we stayed at (Fairmont) had an internal cafe and they made an awesome burger. That's all we needed for dinner. Wifey couldn't even finish hers lol.

Yeah it's so good now that more and more pubs are putting emphasis on good food. There's a couple of places around me that do amazing burgers, snittys, etc.