• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Gaming Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
@Fartin luther king, are you getting bad frame rate because of your set up of multiple monitors or something? Doesn't that use take from your GPU, or am I way off?

Also, did you say you have 8gb of RAM?

Fartin luther king

Squad Member
Trophy Points
@Fartin luther king, are you getting bad frame rate because of your set up of multiple monitors or something? Doesn't that use take from your GPU, or am I way off?

Also, did you say you have 8gb of RAM?
Up to 16 now but reconsidering 32 run a few tests every else seems ok the graphics card is really struggling though it can handle warthunder triple screens but drops it's asshole on msfs

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
And what settings do you have it on, high end or ultra?

Apparently, clouds suck a lot of juice.

Fartin luther king

Squad Member
Trophy Points
And what settings do you have it on, high end or ultra?

Apparently, clouds suck a lot of juice.
Very medium settings low when you load up it will give you the recommended settings. It's just my graphics card can't take 3x1440 monitors and msfs 2020. Will order one this week then I bet my cpu and psu cant cope lol its forcing me to learn about pc's because my knowledge ends at turning the cunts on

Trophy Points
3 x 1440 means you are tehnically trying to play the game at 7680 x 1440p resolution.

So you'll need a card that pushes really high fps results in 4K gaming, and that card isn't the 5700XT.

View attachment 748
Found this @scorptec $659 mwave has for $899
Looking into this... 5700XT is $659, BUT ... for not that much more ($849) you are in 2070 RTX Super territory (which goes up against the Radeon VII in some instances).

https://au.pcmag.com/graphic-cards/51727/the-best-graphics-cards-for-4k-gaming-in-2020
https://au.pcmag.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super/62693/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super

With the addition features like quieter fans, Turing architecture, and DLSS, as well as ability to run 2 x 2070's together in the future, its worth considering as an option, in particular given you are going to be running at high resolution/frame rates.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I figured out another way to get the game working. Downloaded it via another... Means.

Then copied the files across to the actual installation directory and the game worked fine.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
I figured out another way to get the game working. Downloaded it via another... Means.

Then copied the files across to the actual installation directory and the game worked fine.

Is it easy to download that way? I've seen it up but Microsoft games tend to be a pain in the ass to install through those ways.

Fartin luther king

Squad Member
Trophy Points
3 x 1440 means you are tehnically trying to play the game at 7680 x 1440p resolution.

So you'll need a card that pushes really high fps results in 4K gaming, and that card isn't the 5700XT.

Looking into this... 5700XT is $659, BUT ... for not that much more ($849) you are in 2070 RTX Super territory (which goes up against the Radeon VII in some instances).

https://au.pcmag.com/graphic-cards/51727/the-best-graphics-cards-for-4k-gaming-in-2020
https://au.pcmag.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super/62693/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super

With the addition features like quieter fans, Turing architecture, and DLSS, as well as ability to run 2 x 2070's together in the future, its worth considering as an option, in particular given you are going to be running at high resolution/frame rates.
The 5700 will have to do until big navi release money's running out lol

Fartin luther king

Squad Member
Trophy Points

So even on an amd chip I can use a 2070 wi th freesymc monitors ?

Trophy Points

Fartin luther king

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Trophy Points
Ahh see I didn't know you could mix and match this changes things now.
Yep in terms of monitors you can, and its likely your monitors are gSync compatible as well anyway.

Plenty of AMD . Nividia or Intel / AMD combinations out there, though normally the Intel/Nvidia or AMD/AMD setup is because people fanboy them.

Fartin luther king

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yep in terms of monitors you can, and its likely your monitors are gSync compatible as well anyway.

Plenty of AMD . Nividia or Intel / AMD combinations out there, though normally the Intel/Nvidia or AMD/AMD setup is because people fanboy them.
Well fuck me there you go little old stupid me didn't think mix and match was an option

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
@Hacky McAxe, the flight sim copy you found, is it the deluxe version or just the base? The one I found is just the base version and no additional DLC.