• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo and PC Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Nutboy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Besides having a shiny new toy to open, is there a real point in getting a console on release day? Are there any must have games released on day one?
FOMO. Also my Pro feels like it's going to die..

Nutboy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah. It looks like all companies let you order stock for the first production cycles. So if you managed to order you could get it any time between release date and Christmas.
I'm actually pretty fucking cut, I don't wanna wait until 21. I put off so many games waiting for release and now I got to wait even longer. Might rob some cunt.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
FOMO. Also my Pro feels like it's going to die..

They're not going anywhere haha.

Fucking Sony pulled this bullshit stunt last time. They made about 3 PS4s worldwide and said "wow, every PS4 is sold out. Quickly get the next batch (of 5 PS4s)".

Nutboy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
They're not going anywhere haha.

Fucking Sony pulled this bullshit stunt last time. They made about 3 PS4s worldwide and said "wow, every PS4 is sold out. Quickly get the next batch (of 5 PS4s)".
I don't even remember previous releases, I just remember walking into EB and saying I want to preorder and they were like "all good, see you launch" lol.

Trophy Points
As you say KE, good news for those that don't need a 3000 series card but want something that can play modern games at decent frame rates.

Not even that. The cards went on sale at 11pm, they went down at 10:58. When the site finally loaded they were out of stock. Managed to get Scorptec and Mwave to load. Both charging $1,399 for the cheapest card. Same card on PLE is $1,159
Never bought from PLE before. Not that I'm interested.. I'm that far behind with things.

Besides having a shiny new toy to open, is there a real point in getting a console on release day? Are there any must have games released on day one?
Ideally never buy the first revision of a new console. Sure you get bragging rights. But you also get all the overheating and other issues they forgot to consider during normal testing and pre-release.

I won't bother with one as I don't play my current consoles enough as it is.

Nutboy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Guys..i was on Twitter and came across this and I'm wondering if this is a good price?

20200918_140051.jpg

Trophy Points
Ships immediately... yeah right... if I win the auction at 4AM, I doubt its shipping IMMEDIATELY.

False advertising right there!

eBay probably will pull stuff like that.. like the morons advertising "rare" Ooshies for like $100,000 AUD.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That's a legit question, BTW.

Not really. PS5 will have Miles Morales which I'm really looking forward to. And the Demon's Souls remake. Not much else worth it though.

Xbox won't have much at all and the few they do have will also be available on PC so who cares about Xbox.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
As you say KE, good news for those that don't need a 3000 series card but want something that can play modern games at decent frame rates.

Never bought from PLE before. Not that I'm interested.. I'm that far behind with things.

Ideally never buy the first revision of a new console. Sure you get bragging rights. But you also get all the overheating and other issues they forgot to consider during normal testing and pre-release.

I won't bother with one as I don't play my current consoles enough as it is.

PLE are petty well respected. Newish. 100% Australian owned and run and owned by PC enthusiasts. They only have stores in WA and VIC though.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
The one thing I'm concerned about now is that I don't know when I'll get my PS5 (should be release day but could be a month later as Amazon aren't listing a shipping date yet), and I don't know when I'll get my RTX 3080.

So I don't know if I should pre-order Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PC or PS4. Already have Cyberpunk lined up on PC so if the RTX arrives first then I'll be happy.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
HYbPIn6.jpg

rn9Cf9j.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
The proprietary expansion drive for the Xbox Series is $359, which makes it almost as expensive as an Xbox Series S.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Apparently Microsoft bought Bethesda?

Bad news for PS owners.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Apparently Microsoft bought Bethesda?

Bad news for PS owners.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting. Personally I don't think they'll make the games exclusive to Xbox as they'll make more money letting Sony sell them too. But they'll say, "you can buy these new games for $120 on Playstation, or you can get them free with Xbox Game Pass"

BTW, that $120 thing seems to be here to stay. Games are releasing for about $120 now days. Godfall is going for $129.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
120 bucks?! You're kidding. That's an absolute joke.

Apparently, Cyberpunk is going to be 70 bucks.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
@spiritofaslan and @Hacky McAxe I got one of these Deep Cool cases on my rig. Question: Is there any chance the grill on the top can have dust leak through it?

View attachment 911

Yep but it's unlikely with the dust filter on it. Even without the dust filter you're unlikely to get much dust. The main way dust enters the case is through intake fans.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
After playing through Control twice then playing through the Control Alan Wake DLC, I realised that I could barely remember the Alan Wake came so I decided to go back and play it again.

I'm up to the last chapter and I forgot how good this game is. Seriously great mix of Twin Peaks and Resident Evil. Over 10 years old and it still holds up well.