• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo and PC Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Remember when they said you'll be able to STREAM in 4K 60FPS and everyone laughed and called bullshit and they doubled down?

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Imagine having to pay for a subscription then having to actually BUY the game(s) you want to play and in some cases pay MORE for said game(s).

I'm truly stunned Google is still persisting with this or not making it 100 times cheaper.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Guys, what's IPv6 and do I enable it?

Not really needed. Basically there's two versions of IP. V4 and V6. V4 is generally used on your local network while V6 is used on the internet. But your ISP will enable V6 if it's needed.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Nvidia changed their minds and they're releasing the founders edition of the RTX 3080 but only through mwave. They've confirmed that the price will be $1,139 for the founders edition. Apparently all versions of the card are going live on 17th September at 11pm.

Really like the look of the Founders edition but no RGB so probably won't get it.

Nutboy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Not really needed. Basically there's two versions of IP. V4 and V6. V4 is generally used on your local network while V6 is used on the internet. But your ISP will enable V6 if it's needed.
True. Only asking because I noticed Superloop had it available as an option while I was logged into my account.

Trophy Points
Guys, what's IPv6 and do I enable it?
Some ISPs are slowly migrating across to it. Never hurts to enable it.

For an ISP like Superloop, just means your IP will pretty much be static as it won't change that often.

There are other perks to running IPv6 at a packet level, like better compression, less overheads, etc.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
$1139 AUD retail price? If so that's bloody good for an RTX 3080. I expected around $1600.

Yep. That's for the Founder's edition. Locked in price.

The AIBs (3rd part cards) could be more. BH Photo accidentally put them up for sale early and the 3rd party cards were about $50 - $100 more (US prices). So may be good to go for the Founder's edition.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I don't expect them to hold up well (except Lost Vikings), but Blackthorne was an amazing game for its time.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Mwave will be the only store in Australia selling the Founder's Edition. They've pushed back the release until Friday and they're holding a raffle, so you have to enter for a chance to be able to buy one a full 16 hours after the non-Founder's Edition cards are released. But the non-Founder's edition cards will cost $200 - $400 more than the Founder's Edition.

Trophy Points
I don't expect them to hold up well (except Lost Vikings), but Blackthorne was an amazing game for its time.
Diablo 2 ... sooooo many wasted hours I put into that and Neverwinter Nights and Heroes of Might and Magic/Might and Magic

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Diablo 2 ... sooooo many wasted hours I put into that and Neverwinter Nights and Heroes of Might and Magic/Might and Magic
I remember my mate was obsessed with those games, particularly NN and even some of the Warcraft games. I played War Craft 3 a little and that was it. No way was I going to pay a monthly fee to play a game online lol. Man Blizzard Entertainment sure took advantage of nerds hook, line & sinker with that one 😂

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
PS5 Australian prices are:

Standard edition - $749 (same as Series X)
Discless edition - $600

Coming out in Australia and America on 12th November, most other countries on 19th November.

Sony announced that pre-orders would go live tomorrow so I went to do some gardening, came back in to find pre-orders are already live and EB Games is sold out of stock.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Were consoles always that expensive? I don't remember paying that much for the either the PS4 or the Xbox One. I remember I paid about the 500 mark and both came with 2 games. (Ryse and Fifa on the Xbox and COD Ghosts on PS). No trade as I never trade anything.