• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo and PC Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Downloading Windows 10 ISO? Why if you already had it included :)
Windows 10 is pre-installed however they don't supply the disk with it. They said either download it to a dedicated USB (which formats the USB completely) or created an ISO image on DVD. As I have umpteen blank DVD's that are useless to me, I thought I might as well have it on that.

How it works nowadays is your system type (ie 64 Bit Pro in my case) is hard-wired into the motherboard, so all you need to do is boot the computer from the DVD drive and then install Windows 10 from there.

One thing I've figured out is that keeping a gaming rig isolated from the internet really increases the computers lifespan. My old rig came with Windows XP (lol) then got upgraded to Windows 7. Still runs well today very smoothly (as good as new) but can't do much on an old system in terms of playing those games I'm after.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Still haven't managed to setup my rig yet... still getting my old one cleaned up and emptied. It's still in working order so I'll be storing it away when I'm done getting eveything off it - handy backup to have.

Current rig looks like this - except it has a DVD drive:

1595892764424.png

Trophy Points
Really? What games can't be found online?
I've got quite a lot of old ones that wouldn't be. Either indi games, or ones where the company has gone arse up, etc etc.

Even stuff like old Need for Speed games, Swat 4, blah blah.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Why did you get a DVD drive?
I've got a few games such as GTA 4 etc on DVD so thought why not. The guy only charged me $10 for it. Plus I created a Windows 10 ISO DVD in case I needed to reinstall windows.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Bloody hell my old rig was a pain in the seer today. I just wanted to copy 2 damn files from it before turning it off for the final copy. The damn thing was so damn stubborn that I had to restart the bitch about 10 times before finally managing to get it to run in safe mode. Now it’s off and stored away. Currently upgrading my laptop to Windows 10 then will fire up the new Wahesh!

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Haha. What's very the first game you're gonna play on your new rig?

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Haha. What's very the first game you're gonna play on your new rig?
Well I managed to play 1 mission on Saints Row 3 before the computer really started shitting itself, so I will play that. However I'm also itching to replay GTA 4 - the whole way they design New York... err... Liberty City... is so freaking awesome, that I want to play it again. So I'll install those 2 first up, and alternate between the two games.

Then enter GTA 5 (y)

Question: Have you gotten round to modding GTA 4 yet?

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I've got quite a lot of old ones that wouldn't be. Either indi games, or ones where the company has gone arse up, etc etc.

Even stuff like old Need for Speed games, Swat 4, blah blah.

I have a lot of old ones like the Silent Hill games and XIII. Unfortunately they don't work on anything after Windows XP. Even in compatibility mode. Fortunately they're remaking XIII

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Well I managed to play 1 mission on Saints Row 3 before the computer really started shitting itself, so I will play that. However I'm also itching to replay GTA 4 - the whole way they design New York... err... Liberty City... is so freaking awesome, that I want to play it again. So I'll install those 2 first up, and alternate between the two games.

Then enter GTA 5 (y)

Question: Have you gotten round to modding GTA 4 yet?

No, not yet. Let me know when you play it and I'll mod it then.

I've heard it's a bit tricky now with the steam version. Apparently, if you mod it it renders Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony unplayable.

Trophy Points
I have a lot of old ones like the Silent Hill games and XIII. Unfortunately they don't work on anything after Windows XP. Even in compatibility mode. Fortunately they're remaking XIII
I've actually got a PC with XP in my cupboard, because I've got that many old XP games. Still running Windows 7 and it's one of the reasons I haven't gone to 10 yet.

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
The heck is that? It looks like South Park drawings of Asians lol.

It is. The game is called Ghost of Tsushima and it's about the Mongolian invasion of Japan. So someone mocked up a fake PS4 cover with the guy from South Park that constantly criticises the Mongolians.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
No, not yet. Let me know when you play it and I'll mod it then.

I've heard it's a bit tricky now with the steam version. Apparently, if you mod it it renders Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony unplayable.
Wow... good to know that. I only ever modded the cars and it was pretty smooth. The best thing was that I would use a cheat with the mobile phone to spawn one of the cars I modded whenever I needed one lol. Well in that case I'll be sure to play GTA 4 then both expansions before modding it.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
When I mod GTA IV the first thing I'd do is add a graphics mod. I hate the brown filter it seems to have.

Have seen a few graphics mods which remove that filter, make it brighter and adds a lot more colour.