• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Random Bulldogs Talk Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
There was a play on the weekend where a Roosters player all but got through the line except Jayden had a grip of his jersey. It's not the first time this year he's been the one to make a crucial save either. It sucks that we've got such a light pack atm but it's little effort areas like that from individuals that suggest maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Trophy Points
Yeah hopefully this week our players watched that game back again and saw how easily Roosters split us up the middle.

Need to ensure that does not happen again.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It's concerning how pretty much everything other team can overpower us through the middle. It again makes me wonder why we did not buy experienced big men for this season. Sutton obviously was not a priority at Canberra, meanwhile Pele had only played like one fg game and does not have a great motor. Pretty poor recruiting in those cases.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Can't coach raw speed.
Can coach to improve it though, so perhaps we rather someone with similar pace, yet better defence.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Averillo is a bit like Meaney, will get plenty of opportunities behind a solid pack, but we need guys who can make something happen now.. guys who can break tackles and make line breaks etc. We've got a lot of options for 2024.

Trophy Points
I'm really excited to see what Xerri can do for us. Can't return to club training until end of September, but he could be an absolute weapon.

Was talking to a Panthers fan a few weeks back and they have a massive question mark on Crichton at fullback. Gotta admit that I do to.

Xerri
JAC
Crichton
Kiraz
Averillo / Wilson

That is a seriously dangerous backline with speed to burn.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Averillo will be at the Dolphins, but we have plenty of options there..

I dunno Crichton is one of those guys who figures out how to make things work for him. Many said he wasn't Origin standard but now I see lots of people saying he was just about NSW's best in game 1. He's only played a handful of games in the one, but with a full preseason in the position it will be a different story, and it's also easy to forget just how young he is and how much growth he still has in him as a player.

Xerri seems super focused and keen to rip in, which is what we need!

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
We are shit, yet we're not TigPies level of shit.
That's a totally new level of shit, one that I'd be surprised if Cronulla does not put 80+ on them next week.
We're turning our shit into manure and slowly producing crops out of it.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I still think we're in good hands while Gus is at the club. That comment above is exactly what it is.. a poor culture is not something you can change over a pre season, not when it's so engrained at a club, and particularly when it's reflected in the types of characters we have on our books.. you look at the Storm for example, they recruit based on talent, but also character.