• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Random Bulldogs Talk Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
well they have big middles who play with intent. We have powderpuffs bar our rookie

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Do we need more heat on our front office? teams reflect their front office... Maybe a CEO who has a pair?

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
24-12 and we find another way to play dumb football wooden spoon here we come and its awarded to Phil Gould for bad player purchases

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Phil goulds too busy playing "look ay me on television" to worry about the team

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Phil goulds too busy playing "look ay me on television" to worry about the team

He needs to stop playing down our losses. Yes he has made some good decisions on moving players on, but the guys they want to keep need to get a bigger kick up the ass, because Ciraldo's words last week clearly did not get through to the team.

Trophy Points
Theres something going on I just can't put my finger on what.

It's like happy families in front of the cameras, but behind closed doors our performances (not only) just aren't there, they are getting worse some weeks.

Are we pushing players to play who are injured? Is our injury toll actually way bigger and we are needling up players to field a side?

It honestly looks like some players on the side are playing reserved, almost as if they are carrying injuries (e.g Burton).

Who knows, but it's seriously disappointing to have so much hope in the team, only for us to do the same shit year after year.

Back office changes, team changes, coach changes but shitty performances still exist.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
yeah it's hard to put a finger on, but we've definitely lost a lot of belief compared to earlier in the season.. I definitely think the mental side is an issue for our middles.. I can't help but wonder if we were able to pick up an enforcer what sort of effect it would have on our other forwards.

Also earlier in the season our edge men were doing heaps of work, and making a lot of ground, which hasn't been the same as late.

Kiraz's injury definitely hurt us, as he was averaging 200m per game and was at the top of the Dally M's

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Any of you guys heard talk they might give Kyle a crack at hooker with Reed to play in the halves? sounds somewhat cooked? might not be bad though.. Reed wants to be more creative and Kyle is not too bad in general play.. it's his 20 meter zone efforts where he mainly struggles. Reed is also our best general play kicker so he would have no issues controlling the game which he pretty much is doing right now for us.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
I suspect we are fatigued, our tanks are empty from having to cover from so many injuries.
See how we perform after a bye.
If there is an improvement, it likely was fatigue from injuries, yet if the break does not see an improvement in our performance, it's likely also fatigue, yet from being underdone in the preseason.

Trophy Points
Any of you guys heard talk they might give Kyle a crack at hooker with Reed to play in the halves? sounds somewhat cooked? might not be bad though.. Reed wants to be more creative and Kyle is not too bad in general play.. it's his 20 meter zone efforts where he mainly struggles. Reed is also our best general play kicker so he would have no issues controlling the game which he pretty much is doing right now for us.
Interesting idea, but I think perhaps they are trying to solidify Kyle perhaps as a 14 off the bench.

That said I wouldn't be suprised to see Nu Brown named this week in NRL either.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It would be good to get Nu back, he had some good moments earlier in the season!

I hope they can do something with Kyle.. I get the sense they want to make him into something because they know he's always going to give his all.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It's so so disappointing. We started the season ok but slowly returned to the team of old with a few consistent performers.

Ciraldo obviously gets benefit of the doubt because it was gonna be a rough gig for any coach except maybe a Wayne Bennett. At least we're making big moves in the juniors.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Ciraldo apparently understood that it would not be an overnight process, and a fight to begin with,.
Apparently, that was one of the reasons he signed up, to fight our way back up to a top-tier team over time.
Gus also understands this and that is why he is adamant about building our juniors and pathways back up to their best potential, so we have a healthy feed of talent, rather than having to recruit for overs.

I am sooo frustrated with the lack of mongrel our side is currently showing, even if a large portion is inexperienced at the NRL level.
There should be a motivation to show they belong in 1st grade and the injured players should be relegated to Reggies upon return, yet most are not showing that urgency, that desire, that hunger that is needed from them to make up for their inexperience.

So whilst there is reason in part for our poor performance, there are multiple areas that we're able to address to improve, which are not openly being addressed.
Perham is the best example currently.
Send him back to Reggies to learn positioning as a FB if that's where we want a guy who apparently played in the halves as a kid, and promote someone else to see what they're able to do.
Kiraz, Fox, Wilson, Skelton, and Papalii all come to mind as worth a month each to see what depth we have for that position in case Critta doesn't fire there next year.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
why every year we hang our hat on a new player starting the following year in a position and meantime another team member in that same position gives up playing well knowing full well he is going to lose his position for next year doesnt help our cause one bit.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
So we now sit on five wins where as we only had two at this stage last year. Some teams sitting just above us have also had a bye.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
There's been discussions online about potentially losing Alamoti, and some of our so-called fellow upporters have been talking mad sh*t about him. Really sad to see I mean he's a rookie ffs and has had good moments. Not many rookies blow the competition away in their debut season.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Think two factors are at play.
1. We let Schoupp go @ 20 so a precedent has been set.
2. He plays next to The Fox, so despite possibly not being so, he appears slow.

Schoupp was a selfish player, who was more interested in personal glory, than the team's glory, and I suspect that's why he was released.
The Usain Bolt of NRL makes most look slow.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Crichton's best position so far has been left centre. Unfortunately for Perham I don't think he'll lock down the one but he might make a decent centre option himself. Skelton surely will make his debut soon and then there's Xerri who could end up in the forwards.

Trophy Points
Alamoti I see more as a back rower than a centre. He's stupidly powerful, but lacks raw pace.

Compared to Averillo who has pace and footwork, but less strength.