• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

What's eating?

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
So Coles have this "Flame Grilled Burger Sauce".

https://www.coles.com.au/product/coles-special-flame-grilled-burger-sauce-1kg-5862410

Bought some the other day with low expectations, but holy heck it's absolutely delicious.

It's literally like someone blended up a Hungry Jacks burger, and crammed it in a sauce bottle.

Nice little zing of gherkin in there too!

Decisions decisions. I was having chicken tenders but decided to run the spicy sauce that I had left over. Will save the burger sauce for when I buy some beef patties.

Speaking of which, the current "Roadhouse" menu items at Hungry Jack's are so freaking good... and unlike Macca's, they still serve decent sized burgers.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Decisions decisions. I was having chicken tenders but decided to run the spicy sauce that I had left over. Will save the burger sauce for when I buy some beef patties.

Speaking of which, the current "Roadhouse" menu items at Hungry Jack's are so freaking good... and unlike Macca's, they still serve decent sized burgers.
Dude, I'm not an advocate for them in any way lol, but the Carolina Whopper at Hungry Jacks is what you need to try. It is HUGE. They need to serve it in a cardboard box (as opposed to wrapping it), and you need to hold it with both hands.

hungry-jacks-carolina-whopper.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Dude, I'm not an advocate for them in any way lol, but the Carolina Whopper at Hungry Jacks is what you need to try. It is HUGE. They need to serve it in a cardboard box (as opposed to wrapping it), and you need to hold it with both hands.

hungry-jacks-carolina-whopper.png

Ahh man I went in there spur of the moment and was trying to remember the burger you had mentioned in here not long ago... I ended up getting a Roadhouse Double Whopper... man I am actually surprised just at how big their burgers are given how small the Mc'Donalds burgers are, and even KFC.. Can't beat grilled meat.. I definitely could get down with the fried onions!

Have any of you guys been to Carl's Jr? I'm not sure if there are any establishments in Sydney, but there is one at Bateau Bay (5 mins from me).. their burgers are good... similar to HJ's.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Ahh man I went in there spur of the moment and was trying to remember the burger you had mentioned in here not long ago... I ended up getting a Roadhouse Double Whopper... man I am actually surprised just at how big their burgers are given how small the Mc'Donalds burgers are, and even KFC.. Can't beat grilled meat.. I definitely could get down with the fried onions!

Have any of you guys been to Carl's Jr? I'm not sure if there are any establishments in Sydney, but there is one at Bateau Bay (5 mins from me).. their burgers are good... similar to HJ's.
The thing is McDonalds and KFC, even Red Rooster, have all gone the wrong way in their burgers and that's smaller which is crap. At least HJ still make them a nice big size - even bigger than what you'd get at most RSL and Leagues clubs.

I actually didn't know about Carl Jr's man but just looked it up. WOWSERS!

Unfortunately there are none near me :'( but looks pretty good.

1691032192182.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
The thing is McDonalds and KFC, even Red Rooster, have all gone the wrong way in their burgers and that's smaller which is crap. At least HJ still make them a nice big size - even bigger than what you'd get at most RSL and Leagues clubs.

I actually didn't know about Carl Jr's man but just looked it up. WOWSERS!

Unfortunately there are none near me :'( but looks pretty good.

View attachment 2530

ah it's terrible, haha.. I was at mum's and a HJ's ad came on, and she was like I bet the burgers aren't that big in store.. that's why I had to go and find out.

I think Carl's had plans to franchise here but it just never took off... When the one at Bateau Bay opened up, you'd have people coming from everywhere to sample it.. it doesn't get as busy as the Mc'Donalds next door to it now.. I think one of their problems is they're a bit dearer than Mc'Filth. I'm not a huge fan of their fries, they're those "natural cut" chips which I could pretty much make at home. But the burgers yeah they are good.

I'd be all ova that Jalapeno Angus

Wahesh

Trophy Points
ah it's terrible, haha.. I was at mum's and a HJ's ad came on, and she was like I bet the burgers aren't that big in store.. that's why I had to go and find out.

I think Carl's had plans to franchise here but it just never took off... When the one at Bateau Bay opened up, you'd have people coming from everywhere to sample it.. it doesn't get as busy as the Mc'Donalds next door to it now.. I think one of their problems is they're a bit dearer than Mc'Filth. I'm not a huge fan of their fries, they're those "natural cut" chips which I could pretty much make at home. But the burgers yeah they are good.

I'd be all ova that Jalapeno Angus
Tell me about it mate, Angus burgers can't be topped.

Earlier this year we were in Port Macquarie and my Brother-in-Law told us to go to a place called Burger Urge if we ever came across it.

We just happened to go to the Hunter Valley next. Anyway while we were there, we went to an East Maitland shopping centre - Stockland Green Hills. There just happened to be a Burger Urge there. My goodness it was as good as he talked up.

https://burgerurge.com.au/

1691103056467.png

Unfortunately non in Sydney, so if you're ever in Maitland, head there.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Tell me about it mate, Angus burgers can't be topped.

Earlier this year we were in Port Macquarie and my Brother-in-Law told us to go to a place called Burger Urge if we ever came across it.

We just happened to go to the Hunter Valley next. Anyway while we were there, we went to an East Maitland shopping centre - Stockland Green Hills. There just happened to be a Burger Urge there. My goodness it was as good as he talked up.

https://burgerurge.com.au/

View attachment 2531

Unfortunately non in Sydney, so if you're ever in Maitland, head there.

Holy mother.... yeah I don't get to Maitland much, but I do have friends up there... I will have to plan a visit! haha... I love brioche and similar buns! you know if somebody is using those, they mean business!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
American mustard, thick layer of spinach, slice smoked ham, slice turkey, slice roast beef, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, carrot, jalapeno slices, a sprinkling of grated cheddar cheese, salt & pepper on lightly toasted multigrain wholemeal Helga's.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
American mustard, thick layer of spinach, slice smoked ham, slice turkey, slice roast beef, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, carrot, jalapeno slices, a sprinkling of grated cheddar cheese, salt & pepper on lightly toasted multigrain wholemeal Helga's.
Dude that sounds like something you could get at the deli that'll fill you up. I love it when you buy those pre-made rolls just loaded with all the good stuff. Just take off the glad wrap and dig it :D

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Nothing too insane for me for lunch today. I just had an avocado and a few snow peas. Man cutting up an avo and seeing it beautiful and ripe and just putting some olive oil where the seed crater is, truly, is one of lifes simplest pleasures.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Dude that sounds like something you could get at the deli that'll fill you up. I love it when you buy those pre-made rolls just loaded with all the good stuff. Just take off the glad wrap and dig it :D

yeah dude, like that's not something I put a lot of thought into, just the ingredients I have, but still a good feast.. I normally just run pastrami when I have cold cuts.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
yeah dude, like that's not something I put a lot of thought into, just the ingredients I have, but still a good feast.. I normally just run pastrami when I have cold cuts.
Yep, nothing like cold cuts of meat. Usually when I had a brad roll, I like to remove the inside part of the bread that's pretty doughy, and just fill it with everything else. I tend to lay the cold cuts first, then put everything else in, then put another layer of cold cuts up the top, kind of acts like a blanket lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yep, nothing like cold cuts of meat. Usually when I had a brad roll, I like to remove the inside part of the bread that's pretty doughy, and just fill it with everything else. I tend to lay the cold cuts first, then put everything else in, then put another layer of cold cuts up the top, kind of acts like a blanket lol.

yeah that's a good idea. Reminds me of how they do those cob loafs.. I was actually off cold cuts for ages, bar Pastrami, but I was using too much fried meats like chicken tender's for example.. I gotta go suss out some of my local butchers to find the good cold cuts because I'm not a huge fan of like Primo, etc.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Used to regularly smash the Deli @ IGA Birrong for their chicken salad rolls.
Absolutely packed and at a good price.
Yet staff changed and they don't make them like they used to.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Can't beat a good chicken salad roll. That's one thing I do miss about living in Sydney.. I remember I used to get Hong Ha (Mascot) almost weekly.. the chicken rolls there are in my opinion, the best in Sydney.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
We had a BBQ yesterday night. Wifey did something a little different, she cooked one side of the chicken, then turned it over. As the other side was cooking, she put BBQ sauce on the cooked side. It was actually quite nice.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Just had a garden salad, orange and apple - trying to keep it heathly.

Having a mate come over on Friday night to watch the game so I'll need to get a few snacks and nibblies to have.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
can't go past the cheese/cabanossi/cracker with dip. Only I need to restrain myself when something like Jats are on the scene.