• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

TV Show Discussion

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
yeah dude... building organic type anything in Lego is serious talent. Composition wise it's great as well.

Bahaha that's so good!! My sister was a big fan of Friends as well, I will have to show her. Also, it got me thinking.. I wonder if they've done Seinfeld?! why yes, yes they have..

View attachment 1999
Holy Crap, I never even knew they did that. I think that they absolutely nailed Newman - just looking at his glasses you can tell it's him lol. Man that's awesome. I can't believe I haven't' come across that one before.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Holy Crap, I never even knew they did that. I think that they absolutely nailed Newman - just looking at his glasses you can tell it's him lol. Man that's awesome. I can't believe I haven't' come across that one before.

Lol it's probably quite rare tbf.. can't see it being a big seller bar to cult Seinfeldists

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Life After Lockup
"Follow couples from 'Love After Lockup' in the aftermath of weddings & leaving jail, as they struggle to adjust to their new love lives and try to not fall into old habits".

I'm sorry, but not everything needs a God damn TV show.

And like Steve Jobs once said ( not exact quote ) it's not concerning they make the shows, it's concerning that there's an audience for them.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
they could make a series about the dogs called SOARLT SERIES OF A RUGBY LEAGUE TEAM
but will it be the most watched show on tv or will it not be worth its Soarlt (for the uninitiated pronounced SALT)

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Stars of the show fullback named Mr Hesitancy. Winger one Mr Droponball Winger Two Mr Passtome. Centres Mr Halfcentre and Mr Shuffoff. Hooker Mr Streets Behind
Lock Mr Living in the Past. Halves Mr Put it in the Air and Mr Stills Learning. 2nd rowers Mr Plod and Mr Angry Ant. Front row Mr Accent and Mr Progressive
Coach Mr Newguy Ontrial

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
They've already got a similar show called the Downfall of an NRL team and it's been airing on weekends 5th season running

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
i will say it again do not wait until next year to get a new coach do it now before we get lost in the worst performance in a season in the dogs history

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
fmd is there a worse show concept than "Beauty & The Geek?" All those types of tv shows are trash, but at least there is some effort to make them believable, even if it's the most minimal effort possible.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
fmd is there a worse show concept than "Beauty & The Geek?" All those types of tv shows are trash, but at least there is some effort to make them believable, even if it's the most minimal effort possible.
So many of those shows where they simply put people in based on looks just to get ratings. Love Island is another.

What about Big Brother? What is the purpose of that show? Have a bunch of strangers locked up in a house and seeing who can last the longest? FFS how pointless is that? That show was run by channel 10, then cancelled, revived by 9, then cancelled again, and now channel 7 think they can actually make it last? LOL.

Last edited:

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
So many of those shows where they simply put people in based on looks just to get ratings. Love Island is another.

What about Big Brother? What is the purpose of that show? Have a bunch of strangers locked up in a house and seeing who can last the longest? FFS how pointless is that? That show was cancelled big channel 10, then cancelled, revived by 9, cancelled, and now channel 7 think they can actually make it last? LOL.

The Big Brother timeline in Australia is an interesting one, because it first aired here before free to air had gone full blown trashy, so you look back to the first series and it was just like, hey let's put a bunch of people in a house together and we can all watch them, like a bunch of weirdos with no life of our own, but of course they went the perversion route and it ended up just being about drama and sexual tension.

For me it's like, if a show is not good enough and relies on sex and drama to sell, fuck it off and think of something better.. have some class. I mean shows like Ninja Warrior and Lego Masters don't rely on anything bar the shows concepts to sell.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
The Big Brother timeline in Australia is an interesting one, because it first aired here before free to air had gone full blown trashy, so you look back to the first series and it was just like, hey let's put a bunch of people in a house together and we can all watch them, like a bunch of weirdos with no life of our own, but of course they went the perversion route and it ended up just being about drama and sexual tension.

For me it's like, if a show is not good enough and relies on sex and drama to sell, fuck it off and think of something better.. have some class. I mean shows like Ninja Warrior and Lego Masters don't rely on anything bar the shows concepts to sell.
Yeah that's right man, but I think the Ninja Warriors needs a new name lol - just a personal opinion but that's probably because I'm fan of ninja movies and games - and what we have on that show are really athletic and talented people. The show itself is fantastic.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah that's right man, but I think the Ninja Warriors needs a new name lol - just a personal opinion but that's probably because I'm fan of ninja movies and games - and what we have on that show are really athletic and talented people. The show itself is fantastic.

Gymnastics Warrior? šŸ˜‰ I think it's cool because it's not always who you would expect to smash it.. I reckon my arms and legs would be stuffed after the first couple of obstacles

Trophy Points
The first season was decent, but after that they focussed the casting way too much on "decent looking guys who are told not to shave / cut hair for 6 months after being cast". By the time they reach shooting, they are scruffy, so just put on some fake glasses, some daggy clothes, and with minimal styling, there's your geek!