• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

What's eating?

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
yeah it did.. I'm actually not overly fussed on them but just felt like it this morning.. had to get a decent feed in before hooking into Xmas eve chores

I rarely have them but I do go nuts for them.

Got the in laws coming over for breakfast tomorrow morning so I might make them now that you've mentioned them.

Sleeky

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I was never a fan of blue cheese, but blue cheese sauce is the goods.. I like the one from Subway but I'm sure this is much better
I thought I always made good ones but I bought a creamier blue cheese yesterday (even though it’s supposed to be worse texture wise) and yum. Wasn’t overpowering like the others but still had that distinct taste and consistency was hectic. For the hot sauce, I just use Frank’s. only one I would use

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I thought I always made good ones but I bought a creamier blue cheese yesterday (even though it’s supposed to be worse texture wise) and yum. Wasn’t overpowering like the others but still had that distinct taste and consistency was hectic. For the hot sauce, I just use Frank’s. only one I would use

Sounds so tasty.. like I said I'm not big on blue cheese on its own, but it's such a great flavour for sauce, especially with chicken and hot sauce.. I might have to make a blue cheese sauce soon lol

Trophy Points
Whose enjoying a nice post christmas food coma today?

Ironically I didn't have one this year because my inner wisdom kicked in and I cut myself off before the point of over indulgence.

You mean these:

View attachment 1185

Pickled turnips, beetroot and carrots (optional)

It's mostly turnips and 1 beetroot for colour. We make them Iraqi/Assyrian style which is different to Lebanese style. Lebanese are more salty while ours are a bit salty but more tangy as we use more vinegar and less salt.
That's the ones. We normally get them if we get El Jannah.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
no food coma to report here, was too busy playing cricket on Christmas Day.. think I'm gonna run a Brisket next year, bit over the usual turkey, chicken and ham

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I know it's not at the level of the beef posted in here but I always enjoyed the pepper crusted beef roast from Woolworths, but they don't stock it at any of the stores near my current abode, and I am dirty about it because the roast they do stock is not as good, and way too salty