• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

What's eating?

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Link must have changed... this is what it was.

Making a Pork Lollipop!

Man that looks tasty - but not too great for the heart lol. A lot of fat on that he didn't cut off but that must be what gives it the twirl effect.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah and then smashed with salt.

Cholesterol City!

He must be a competition cooker.. apparently over-seasoning in competition is what the judges look for. Mind you, they're only taking one bite size piece from each bit of meat.

Maybe not "look for", but it's standard prep.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Anzac Day shenanigans.

Pastrami on Rye X Reschs refreshes

Don't mind the dead plant, that's probably my fault, I was housesitting at mum's hahaha

20230426_095222.jpg20230425_223122.jpg20230425_161611.jpg

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Grate this stuff onto a toastie. Or a caesar salad. It's so good! Only a small amount required as it is very flavoursome

20230422_174616.jpg

Trophy Points
Gotta admit that some of the plant based / vege / vegan stuff isn't actually too bad.

Had these Cauliflower and Brocolli burger patties the other night and was rather impressed by how tasty they were.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I've been on a bit of a diet lately, haven't really had too much of the fatty stuff, however I did get a CC's snack the other day, can't wait to try these :D

1683246946962.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Gotta admit that some of the plant based / vege / vegan stuff isn't actually too bad.

Had these Cauliflower and Brocolli burger patties the other night and was rather impressed by how tasty they were.

Have you tried "Beyond Burger" They're actually very nice! I normally buy the meat free burgers over some of the suspect beef patties that the supermarkets sell.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Gotta love corn chips when you're in the mood. Actually looking at that bag reminded me that I saw Ruffles are back!

View attachment 2374
Wow I haven't tried Ruffles in ages.

You know what I hate? How if we want a bag of Ruffles and all those types of chips they get in America, we can't find them in Woolies or Coles. Instead we have to go to some dodgy corner store or specialty candy stand that sells them for something like $10 each whereas in the states they get them for $0.99. Mental.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Wow I haven't tried Ruffles in ages.

You know what I hate? How if we want a bag of Ruffles and all those types of chips they get in America, we can't find them in Woolies or Coles. Instead we have to go to some dodgy corner store or specialty candy stand that sells them for something like $10 each whereas in the states they get them for $0.99. Mental.

Haha yep.. I found Riffles at a Night Owl near my place and they are expensive. I do find it weird that Ruffles dropped out of the competition as they were popular and definitely my favourites, in particular their BBQ flavour, but I guess there's always different factors at play.

I'm not overly fussed on a lot of the chips that dominate that department.. most Thins varieties are too thin imo. Red Rock Deli are nice though.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Haha yep.. I found Riffles at a Night Owl near my place and they are expensive. I do find it weird that Ruffles dropped out of the competition as they were popular and definitely my favourites, in particular their BBQ flavour, but I guess there's always different factors at play.

I'm not overly fussed on a lot of the chips that dominate that department.. most Thins varieties are too thin imo. Red Rock Deli are nice though.
Remember Samboy? The Mrs loves them. I didn't mind them as well. I loved Red Rock to no end, however unfortunately I found out that they use Trans in their products which I try to avoid if their is a similar chip available. So Kettle chips have a very similar texture to Red Rock and usually buy them, however Red Rocks sweet chili is super awesome.

Trophy Points
Have you tried "Beyond Burger" They're actually very nice! I normally buy the meat free burgers over some of the suspect beef patties that the supermarkets sell.
Can't say I have yet (or at least don't recall them). But we pretty much always shop at Coles these days because they have better specials.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Can't say I have yet (or at least don't recall them). But we pretty much always shop at Coles these days because they have better specials.

Beyond is an American product, but generally if you go to any franchise burger store that has a vegan option, it's usually Beyond patties. I honestly think you could give it to a meat eater without mentioning that it's not meat and they would think it's some type of beef. I used to buy it from Coles but it's like $10 for two patties.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Plant-based "meats" are more processed than minced meats!
I avoid them, period!
Honestly not aware of eating one and have no interest in eating reconstituted, nutrient-stripped slop.

Ruffles were the bomb.
Original Tostitoes when they were round and made from white corn were good too.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Plant-based "meats" are more processed than minced meats!
I avoid them, period!
Honestly not aware of eating one and have no interest in eating reconstituted, nutrient-stripped slop.

Ruffles were the bomb.
Original Tostitoes when they were round and made from white corn were good too.

yea it's pretty much process process process until they get the taste, texture, and even consistency of juice etc in some cases... It's definitely the sorta stuff you want to eat sparingly.

Remember Samboy? The Mrs loves them. I didn't mind them as well. I loved Red Rock to no end, however unfortunately I found out that they use Trans in their products which I try to avoid if their is a similar chip available. So Kettle chips have a very similar texture to Red Rock and usually buy them, however Red Rocks sweet chili is super awesome.

Yeah haha. I wasn't the biggest fan of Samboy myself but they were alright.. it was always Ruffles or Thins for me at that time. I actually really liked Thins back then, but don't care much for them now, bar the meat/bbq type flavours such as Brisket.

I feel like Kettle used to be better but I'm not sure if it's just that I preferred them then and they're still relatively the same. The father of a friend of mine from primary school worked for Kettle, so they would some free product.. that's what got me into them back in the day, it was great. Ahh ok I never think too much when I buy crisps, just on that basis that it's junk either way.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I hardly eat fast food these days but yesterday we felt like a burger as the local Vietnamese joint was closed (Pho was our first choice), so I went to Hungry Jacks and bought a Carolina Whopper.

My goodness that thing took me back. It was actually in a cardboard box, not just wrapped in paper like most burgers from fast food joints are these days. I also needed to hold it with both hands to keep it together. This thing reminded me of how big the Big Macs used to be.

Last edited:

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I hardly eat fast food these days but yesterday we felt like a burger as the local Vietnamese joint was closed (Pho was our first choice), so I went to Hungry Jacks and bought a Carolina Whopper.

My goodness that thing took me back. It was actually in a cardboard box, not just wrapped in paper like most burgers from fast food joints are these days. I also needed to hold it with both hands to keep it together. This thing reminded me of how bit the Big Macs used to be.

Dude! what the heck that thing looks amazing!!

Hungry Jacks have always had pretty good standards as far as size and ratio go, and grilled is so nice. I'm bummed I didn't know about this when I was sick recently, because I'd been ordering quite a bit of take away over that fortnight or so.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Dude! what the heck that thing looks amazing!!

Hungry Jacks have always had pretty good standards as far as size and ratio go, and grilled is so nice. I'm bummed I didn't know about this when I was sick recently, because I'd been ordering quite a bit of take away over that fortnight or so.
Mate just give yourself a treat and try it out, it's so good. I love stacked burgers, so naturally most of the fast food chains fail in that regards, but this one is great. It's got all the usuals plus bacon and onions rings inside, and the sauce they use is amazing.

If you're really hungry get the double though (2 pattys). I usually get the double but yesterday got the single with a BBQ Cheeseburger on the side just as a top--up. So good.