• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

What's eating?

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
:( our air fryer shit itself the other week... got the repair quote back and its not gonna be fixed. $170 to replace the motor, circuit board, and element. Tis 6 years old and a new identical replacement is around $350-$400.

Problem is that the model we had is close to being retired by Delonghi, and there is no equivalent model anymore.

Ahhh well... when we got it there were only a few air fryers on the market.

Always hesitant with the Aldi/Kmart style electronic items too, as I'm constantly seeing recalls for this or that from them.

Trophy Points
Seriously, how good are Woolies/Coles bargains. Normally the bakery area/trolley delivers some cracking deals, in particular on stuff about a day or two from use by.

On another note, anyone else here tried Papples before? It's like a pear and a Nashi/Asian Pear knocked up an apple, and the Papple is their baby. Tastes like a crisp pear, but with apple undertones, and looks like an apple.

Sleeky

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Seriously, how good are Woolies/Coles bargains. Normally the bakery area/trolley delivers some cracking deals, in particular on stuff about a day or two from use by.

On another note, anyone else here tried Papples before? It's like a pear and a Nashi/Asian Pear knocked up an apple, and the Papple is their baby. Tastes like a crisp pear, but with apple undertones, and looks like an apple.
Never tried it. Sounds good though

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
it's always good if you can get to Coles and Woolies after 5-6.. bakery and butcher always have the best bargains... the only thing I've found is that their bread is never real good after a day.. good for toasting etc but not for sandwich.. the other week Coles near my old place were doing $2 roast chickens at the end of the night.. I bought 3

Trophy Points
it's always good if you can get to Coles and Woolies after 5-6.. bakery and butcher always have the best bargains... the only thing I've found is that their bread is never real good after a day.. good for toasting etc but not for sandwich.. the other week Coles near my old place were doing $2 roast chickens at the end of the night.. I bought 3
Hot Tip: Store bread in the fridge and it lasts longer :)

Don't know why but wifeys always done it and it seems to work.

<insert science here>

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Hot Tip: Store bread in the fridge and it lasts longer :)

Don't know why but wifeys always done it and it seems to work.

<insert science here>

haha yeah I actually took that tip from you a little while ago and put into action.. it does work.. either that or I find microwaving it can be useful, otherwise toasting

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Dinner last night. Generally speaking I'm not a big fan of pasta (I know I know) but chicken cabonora is an exception, specifically with fettuccine pasta.

1623104094775.png

Trophy Points
Just returned from using our Dine and Discover voucher at The Fiddler. Double voucher on tonight so got a BBQ Butcher Pizza, a Garlic Crust Pizza, side of wedges, and 2 drinks, and the total spend was $8.

Hard to argue with that. Food was pretty damn good as well.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I haven't been to the Fiddler. Need to tee-up that place one night. I went to that German place in Penrith. The food was ok but I was disappointed with the lake of cocktails - they seemed to have run out of them very quickly.

Trophy Points
I haven't been to the Fiddler. Need to tee-up that place one night. I went to that German place in Penrith. The food was ok but I was disappointed with the lake of cocktails - they seemed to have run out of them very quickly.
It's come a long way from its "Friday Shivfest at the Fiddler", likewise Castle Hill Tavern with its "Saturday Stabbins at the 'Tavern".

Was really busy there last night (probably with most people doing the same as us). I prefer those kinda places, the vibey sort of places where its also chilled and music is blasting your earholes that night.

Funny thing is I've noticed with most pubs they are either really good, or really bad. No middle ground.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
They've got these mad snack packs at place near me called Phat Chicken, a small scale chain on the Central Coast.. roast beef, honey glazed roast vegetables (potato, pumpkin, carrot, eggplant) with fried rice.. so good!